AuthorTopic: House design help  (Read 4943 times)

Offline BasseBoi

• View Profile

Re: House design help

Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 05:37:35 pm
Well i did aredid it a more complicated way but i screwed that up so badly and i dont want any eyes burnt out looking at it so i wont show it.
So i did it a more simpler redesign. And i though if this did it enought to make the chimney more fitting? or do i need to make a bigger change?

B^)

Offline drax013

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: May 12, 2018, 06:16:07 pm
thats looking way better. If you bring the grass up onto the edge of the house it will look more like its sitting on the ground.

Offline BasseBoi

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 10:17:17 am
Thank you. Yea havnt planted the house on the ground yet, i wanted to finish it up before i did that :)
B^)

Offline Hoogo

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 12:05:29 pm
The shadows on the house indicate that the light is coming from its front. However you shaded the chimney as if the light were coming from the right. Also I think it would look great if you removed the outlines on the chimney and wooden structures on the house and textured them, with bricks etc. You might want to add a highlight on the windows, they look dull at the moment, they don't look like they're made out of glass.

Something's bugging me with your perspective. Looking at the facade, it looks like you're looking at he house from the front, however the top of the chimney looks like it's seen from above. The roof as well, you might want to make the tiles shorter in hight, and the roof coverage a lot smaller. Finally the pillars: if you were looking at the house from ground level the bottom of the pillars should stop where the bottom of the facade is.

I tweaked your drawing a little to show you what I mean about perspective, I hope this helps :)

Offline Zanorin

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/177874.htm
    • BasmatiPixel
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: May 14, 2018, 02:56:01 pm
Imo the problem with the chimney (the fact it doesn't feel like stone) comes in part from the hard outlines inside the sprite.
Traditionally stone objects have smoother edges, and also texture and edge irregularities :

(I wish I could show you directly but my present skills don't allow me to do a decent edit haha)
Half a noob figuring out stuff.

Offline BasseBoi

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 06:37:01 am
@hoogo
Thanks for taking your time!
About the perspective. I wanted my house to fit a RPG game, and as i understand it, you have both perspectives, so you se it from front and above. Your tips are really good for drawings, but not for RPG games.

But its true that the windows look a bit dull. And im working on texture the chimney another way.
Thanks anyway for taking your time :)
B^)

Offline BasseBoi

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: May 15, 2018, 06:50:44 am
@Zanorin I followed did as what you showed me. And dang, you know what you talk about. I  just sat there and redid it and saw magic, this tied togheter the whole house. i hoped this was what you mmeant, and even if its not, it still look better haha
Thank you for taking your time, even if i got a hard tome to understand you explained it so thank you. it would be fun to see your drawings, if you ffollow you oen directions it would be awesome

And a question what do you people think about the color of the windowsglass? I redid it, becuse they looked dull before (thanks for the tip hoogo)

And what do you people think of the final result? I feel like ive finishd the house now. But always good if you people have anymore tips or opinions!

B^)

Offline Zanorin

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/177874.htm
    • BasmatiPixel
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 06:41:28 am
Looking much better ! :) I would go one step further and also make the "outer outlines" less harsh ; I am not that good so my edit looks meh but so you see what I mean :
Half a noob figuring out stuff.