AuthorTopic: heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp  (Read 4953 times)

Offline Melodee

• omg
    • jarajaramelon
    • beardedgrandma
    • Jara de Nooijer
    • View Profile

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

on: April 14, 2018, 10:52:06 am
i am trying to make a pregnant kangaroo with a third eye but idk how to position the eye with the hair covering it!! since it's supposed to be on the forehead, and idk i don't want the hair to be ugly.
any othe r feedback also welcome.

Offline surt

• Meat by-product
    • not_surt
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2254.htm
    • View Profile
    • Uninhabitant

Re: heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 12:02:03 pm
Kangaroos are marsupials. They don't gestate like placentals. Joeys do most of their development in pouch.

Your kangaroo doesn't appear to have a pouch and the pouch would only be large like the belly of late pregnancy placental if the joey was itself large and already semi-independent, the occupied pouch should hang low and between the legs, not protrude out front like a human.

Offline Melodee

• omg
    • jarajaramelon
    • beardedgrandma
    • Jara de Nooijer
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 12:12:41 pm
thank you for your comment!! so basically you are saying the belly should be smaller, and the kangaroo should have a pouch. did i understand it correctly??

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 02:00:29 pm
If you google "pregnant kangaroo", you'll get plenty of reference photos of kangaroos with big joeys in their pouch (showing where it hangs), and some photos of kangaroos withithout large joeys, where they don't have a discernibly large bump, and the pouch is

Whenever you're drawing something unfamiliar, look at the real thing or at least photos/videos of the real thing. No matter how much you plan to stylise it, it's good to know what you're drawing.

As for the third eye, why is it in a completely different style from the other visible eye? You might have an easier time making it read well if you make it look like the normally-positioned eye. Then, you could cover up a part of it and still have it be recognizable as an eye.
You may also want to place the third eye a little lower, rather than right on the ridge where the forehead slopes into the top of the head.

Offline Melodee

• omg
    • jarajaramelon
    • beardedgrandma
    • Jara de Nooijer
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 10:30:48 pm
i will add the pouch but it's hard for me to get rid of the big belly, i love fat things sry