AuthorTopic: RPG Village Design, nice and small  (Read 2145 times)

Offline Odovedesign

• ODOVEDESIGN
    • BOOMCAKEART
    • View Profile
    • ODOVEDESIGN

RPG Village Design, nice and small

on: April 16, 2018, 04:13:42 pm
I took creative license with the perspective to enhance the enjoyment of the different features in the town.
because looking down on buildings sometimes makes things a bit sh*t if you get what I mean.

Oscar Dove - ODOVEDESIGN
www.odovedesign.com

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: RPG Village Design, nice and small

Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 04:47:51 pm
The middle building in the top row looks like it's drawn in a different scale from the others because its windows are so low and each of its double doors is smaller than the single doors elsewhere.

The scales overall feel off. Those are very tiny bay windows on the top left building! It's fine to have mismatching scales for the sake of clarity and a more lively appearance, but it has to look inentional. Stylize things! Make all the important parts oversized (doors, windows, etc) and bursting out of the unimportant parts (walls, etc). The Mana games on SNES and GBA do a good job of this and should make good reference, though I'm sure there are many others.

You've yet to respond to any of the feedback you've received in your other threads. People are going to grow reluctant to spend time giving you feedback if you appear to never do anything with it.

Offline Odovedesign

• ODOVEDESIGN
    • BOOMCAKEART
    • View Profile
    • ODOVEDESIGN

Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 04:52:47 pm
Thankyou for this! Yes funnily enough I used the Mana games to help with my grass so it doesn't look massively intrusive but just pops enough to be grass, considering the 20*20 scale for the tiles.

I will work on popping the doors and windows somewhat before I release the asset pack!
Oscar Dove - ODOVEDESIGN
www.odovedesign.com

Offline GoodyPundit

• Gamer turn into a game dev <3
    • goodypundit
    • baguspundit
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/160961.htm
    • goodygameworks
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/goodygameworks

Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 02:22:26 am
Maybe could use some better perspective work?  :)
It looks like the well and the rock smelter (the round thing on the roof) does not share the same perspective.

Anyway, Good job   :lol: