AuthorTopic: Seeking artists for Paid video game related work  (Read 3852 times)

Offline falcon167

• View Profile

Seeking artists for Paid video game related work

on: April 08, 2018, 10:14:45 pm
Hi, I'm Falcon, writer of the best-selling Slime Dungeon series.

I'm currently making a video game centered around the slime evolution mechanics found in my story.

Here is video link---> Game Update 8

I am looking for a number of types of art:

Concept Art- grand art devoted to expressing the idea of the game. Images of the main character drawn in pencil, backgrounds of color to show off the various areas in the game, enemy ideas, etc. The range of art type here is unlimited so long as it pertains to the game.
   Price- negotiable depending on style, complexity, experience, and speed.

Pixel Art- The game is using a pixel art style. I need pixel art for everything in it: foreground objects like trees and stone, background images, tiles, enemies with animations, etc. You can find my style in the youtube video above.
    Price- depends on size. Example: willing to pay $2-$4 per animation frame for 'decent' animations canvas size: 64 px by 64 px
              -Experience doesn't matter

Kickstarter Art- The plan is to make a playable demo before September 2018, and then start a kickstarter comapign from there. Art here includes visual cues such as "Meet the Team" or "Rewards" in style, images for team members such as handdrawn faces or slime representatives, and images to be included in the promotional video
     Price- negotiable depending on style, complexity, experience, and speed.

I'm quite open to offers, recommendations, advice, suggestions, and availability. Payments will be made through paypal primarily unless said artists do business through alternative mediums such as Devianart or Fiverr.

If artists are interested in becoming a more permanent member of the team, please send a pm for proper negotiations as payment will likely be less often and of a more significant wage.

----------New-------------
As there has been a good deal of interest in this, I've created a try-out of sorts.
Only requirement is to use the video and sprites I provide (By email) as a base to create a single sprite that walks/flies.
Minimal size of 32 px by 32 px.

Note: if you're better at backgrounds or concept art, feel free to use this instead as long as it relates to the video.

If I like it, I'll work with you and use the sprite as our first business with additional animations commissioned.

Best, Falcon
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 05:34:49 pm by falcon167 »

Offline Odovedesign

• ODOVEDESIGN
    • BOOMCAKEART
    • View Profile
    • ODOVEDESIGN

Re: Seeking artists for Paid video game related work

Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 12:29:50 am
Hi there, I really enjoy the look of your game, and the direction this is going in! Below is a link to my website, I do concept art and pixel art, and animation, I would love to work with you on this to take it further!

Hope to hear from you soon

Oscar
www.odovedesign.com
Oscar Dove - ODOVEDESIGN
www.odovedesign.com

Offline Raysixx

• @Raysixx_
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Channel :D

Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 11:54:57 pm
Greetings, first of all I apologize, because I am not English speaker,
My name is Raysixx
I dedicate myself to make pixelart and digital 2d on twitch.tv/raysixxx
my email is a.dace.to.forget@gmail.com
I would not mind animating in pixelart or making funds.
Greetings and thank you

Offline Hokuai

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 09:57:03 am
I want to apply for Pixel Artist job offer :3
Here are my portfolio links: https://nootherunderwolfblog.wordpress.com/arftworks/
https://www.pixilart.com/shakeshi/gallery

My email: wavechua@gmail.com

Offline Melodee

• omg
    • jarajaramelon
    • beardedgrandma
    • Jara de Nooijer
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 10:54:53 am
hello, is this position still open?
I am really interested in making the enemies for this game.
here is my portfolio:

https://beardedgrandma.deviantart.com/gallery/65584468/Pixel-Art

and here is my email address: jarafee@hotmail.com

side note: for enemies you won't need a concept artist if you pick me, i will design the enemies for free so you will only have to pay for the sprites. a suggestion is to not have a concept artist at all, making the pixel art is probably less work than drawing concept art. all you need is finding the right person who has enough creativity. i think considering your prices there will be enough people who can do it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 11:41:38 am by Melodee »

Offline DieMango

• View Profile

Offline Reiscent

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 07:57:24 pm
Hey Falcon,

I looked at your video and the game is looking great, I'd love to be a part of making it. I've done a lot of work for a Kickstarter game project before, so I know there's a lot to be done. Some of my previous work included concept sketches for characters and maps, pixel art sprites, illustrations and Kickstarter campaign graphics.

Here's a short trailer video of one of the games I worked for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaV3b0xBu2E

You can see some of my pixel art and illustration work here https://reiscent.deviantart.com/gallery/66503201/Pixel-Art

I'd love to show you concept sketches and a Kickstarter project that I did all the graphics for, including the "meet the team" and "rewards" sections. I'd like to send it by mail, so if you're interested in talking a bit more about the project send me a mail at:
elierporto@gmail.com

I'm also willing to do the try out that you offered. Hope to hear back from you.

Best Regards,
Elier H.

Offline amantino

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 11:48:03 am
Hello!
I'm interested in this project - you can check out my portfolio at:
https://amantinopixel.wordpress.com
(Please contact me via email if interested).
Best,
Vukasin