AuthorTopic: [WIP] SHMUP Title Screen  (Read 12177 times)

Offline Lelle

• View Profile

[WIP] SHMUP Title Screen

on: November 25, 2006, 01:13:01 am
Heya,

started working on the title screen for my "mobile game" today. Been working 5 hours on it now so my eyes itch and Iīm getting tired so Iīm posting it here as WIP so that I donīt do any big mistakes! Hoping there will be some comments to work on here by tomorrow when I wake up ;]
                                  Latest edit:                             

Cheers,

Lelle
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 09:02:20 pm by Lelle »

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Re: [WIP] SHMUP Title Screen

Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 02:48:38 am
Wow this is looking great! Good anatomy! Issues I see:

- palette could maybe use some hue-shift
- his head's shading is weird, looking like he has a gigantic scar
- I don't know exactly what, but HIS left shoulder muscles seema little bit weird
- The body seems to shrink inside the singlet, mainly on THE left side, its like theres a section of his body has been scooped away.
- Maybe a little bit more contrast, esp on the singlet

Offline buloght

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 02:53:47 am
Hey, this looks really great  :) Maybe the bottom of the gun could show more perspective at the angle he is holding it.

Offline zhangyue27334

• mobile game art design + mobile game engineer.....
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 03:08:04 am
en~~I look your picture...I think...You need study anthropotomy again,and you should play any game of "SNK"~~becaue they can protract very cool anthropotomy by the pixel~~

I commend you go to this china pixel index~~look!!        http://www3.emu-zone.org/host/emugif/index.htm

You can in this index to down load any more pexel GIF animations~~

wish you good luck~~ :-*
I china...beijing...mobile game art design + mobile game engineer.....

Offline Lelle

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 02:34:43 pm
Thanks for help all! I tried to correct everything as good as I could. I hope I improved it some! Still donīt know exactly how the body or arm will end...

Thanks for the site zhangyue27334, very nice! I will try to work more on the anatomy every chance I get, I have drawn women almost exclusively so not too used to drawing men  :-[
                                  A newer edit:

Edit: Found a way for the other arm ;]

Time for a well needed shower!

Cheers,

Lelle

« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 08:00:14 pm by Lelle »

Offline Fly

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 09:16:18 pm
It would look really neat if you could have some type of thing goin on behind him.. Maybe some barrels of oil, or fire or something. Or a military outpost or something.. I like it :)

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 04:18:54 am

Just playing around with it, taking it a bit further.

I think you should angle the gun upwards a bit.

Offline Lelle

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 11:21:47 am
Thanks for the edit! Though he is looking too buffed for my liking, like a bodybuilder like Ronnie Coleman rather than a well trained agile military guy. Also his biceps and triceps looks like they are contracted too much. Like in his right arm holding the gun upwards, that biceps gives the look of someone thatīs holding his arm with the fingers rotated to the face. The biceps looks different depending on how you rotate your hand(supinated to pronated) so mine is not supposed to be fully contracted on either arm. Also because of the position the triceps will be somewhat relaxed. Trapezius seem a bit too long too. You point out many flaws I will take care of though, thanks! :]

I had a new picture too, I had problem with it showing yesterday so maybe no one can see it, uploaded it again...

I will try and make some background for it :]

Cheers,

Lelle

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 03:47:46 pm
Yes, that edit wasn't exaclty serious, just throwing hyper huge "soldinator" idea out there, going crazy with it :).

However, the gun part was serious. Your version is botheringly out of perspective - probably due to the part showing near the barrel. And i'd still angle the "body" of the gun upwards, while keeping the handle in the same position you have.

I'd tilt the head a pixel back. Maybe straighten it upwards a bit (as in "straightening his back, and the neck").

Also, i prefer the version with just one gun. The lower hand holding the gun doesn't convey enough MANLINESS, it's kind of soft. Lock his wrist, align the hand it with the arm, and pump the lower arm muscles!!! Or replace the lower machine gun with an army knife, the blade pointing downwards! (ready to KILL KILL KILL - even if there's no knife in-game)

The game is looking great, good luck with it :)

Offline Lelle

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 12:04:21 am
Thanks for all the comments Turbo, I thought about it all while I continued to work on it. Got much better with your help! Though the guns have to stay, cause in the game he is supposed to run around with 2 guns and I would like to reflect that in the title screen :] I think I fixed much about the perspective on the gun though, I had forgot to add lots to the hand there regarding perspective in the first place.

Here's an early pic of the main char, havenīt worked much on it yet, he even has hair here, hehe:

Got an update now, with some background!

I made an explosion to put in the background. Can barely see it behind him though :[

Cheers and Goodnight,

Lelle