AuthorTopic: Fighting Game Background  (Read 10064 times)

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Re: Fighting Game Background

Reply #10 on: September 18, 2005, 02:40:59 pm
Rat-day I-ay only-ay now-kay Ig-pay Atin-lay, arnit-day.... Anyway-ay about-ay e-thay art-ay, Azuya-kay it-ay ooks-lay ine-fay et-yay ou-yay are-ay oing-gay o-tay eed-nay ome-say mall-say ighting-fay aracters-chay.

Translation:Drat I only know Pig Latin, darnit.... Anyway about the art, Kazuya it looks fine yet you are going to need some small fighting characters. 

Pirate:Drat I only know Pig Latin, I'll warrant ye, darnit. Pass the grog!... Anyway about th' art, by Blackbeard's sword, Kazuya it looks fine yet ye are going t' need some small fighting characters, and a bottle of rum! 

I CAN MAKE UP LANGUAGES TOO!!!  ;) Lol  ::)
Yet the fact that no one understands me doesn't make me an artist.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #11 on: September 18, 2005, 03:09:51 pm
Yeah I was about to realize that the "camera is too high. it's like... 3 metters of the ground, when it should be about half a person's size. like... half metter. what's that, 3 feet?

any way, I'm probably gonna redraw it. i don't want a prespective fuckup to ruin the final look. like Iain McCaig sais: "dont be frightened to murder your darlings. it it's wrong, it's wrong, and people will tell". so, I prefere doing it again.
and yes, it a sort of spherical prespective. I'm gonna bring the camera close to the floor, so you'll have the feeling that the players are really close to you.

thanks every one. I'll update.

Kaz
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Pegucha

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: September 18, 2005, 08:36:11 pm
oe....y porque pechuga? XD es demasiado chistoso para mi leer eso en pixelatio---opolis, por lo que pechuga es "slang" para teta y todo eso....:p

you guys dont wanna know what that translates into :p

Hahah there is actually a funny story behind all this. A good friend told me the word and I started using it fluently. But I was saying/typing it wrong. He only caught it after I said it a few times but I just kept using pegucha as a joke. So now its like a double slang term for me  :D

Offline lief

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: September 19, 2005, 04:47:16 am
looks great so far, all i would be concerned about is the amount of contrast centered in the image.  a priority would be to keep the fighter sprites in consistent lighting, or risk having to draw a seperate set for heavy shadow as you have here.  also the strong colored lighting and lighting angle could pose a similar problem.  but eh, its not actually for a game and is just emulating the style... and this picture has a shitload of style.

Offline LuciferianSoul

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: September 19, 2005, 02:30:12 pm
I love your work, I remember it from Pixelation, can't wait to see this all unfold. Knowing you, it'll definately be a promising piece. :D

Offline pixel32

• 20th boy
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: September 20, 2005, 05:48:18 am
That's COOL

I like this post like a tutorial  ;D ::)

I want to see the updata image  :D :D
20th boy

Offline pixelaro

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: September 28, 2005, 01:08:41 pm
i cant see you images.. can someone who does post the?
:::....