AuthorTopic: Im totally NEW to painting and especially to Pixel Art  (Read 1717 times)

Offline nissouma55

• View Profile
Hello everybody,
So I started drawing pixel art 5days ago only.
And I've been reaaally determinated to become better in pixel art, I've made quite a few things, like a sword, a squirrel, a bird, and a dog. I ve really been trying to draw random stuff just from photos of the animals in internet. And I think I made decent progress, but I dont know what I should do to get better anymore. And it looks like im just drawing without having a clear objective and a step-by-step approach to my pieces.
This is what I have been able to accomplish in these 5days (Keep in mind I totally suck at drawing and I draw like a 5years old, but it looks like I have some hope when it comes to pixel art.) :

The bird I just resprited it and recolored it, aswell as fix the outlines and make shading.
But it was me who drew the other sprites from scratch. Thing is, as u see with that dog, its still WIP. And im just stuck. I dont know what to do anymore and how to progress... Help would be appreciated. Aswell as critics and ways to improve my drawing,coloring,shading,pixelizing,etc...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 06:23:44 pm by nissouma55 »

Offline Xorceles

• View Profile

Re: Im totally NEW to painting and especially to Pixel Art

Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 07:15:12 am
nice pixel art the sword and the bird look very good (imo) and that bird needs some legs  :lol:
and the squirrel look good :y:

Offline Retronator

• Matej 'Retro' Jan
    • retronator
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/24236.htm
    • retronator
    • retronator
    • retronator
    • View Profile
    • Retronator

Re: Im totally NEW to painting and especially to Pixel Art

Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 05:56:12 pm
I am writing a huge study guide that has a big-picture view of everything there is to learn in (pixel) art, as well as activities to get you started (those are very WIP and only cover some black & white drawing so far):

https://medium.com/retronator-magazine/study-guide-table-of-contents-1fc27497be29

In the Progress level I also talk about designing a study plan by picking and dissecting a bigger goal.