AuthorTopic: Project Lantern  (Read 4192 times)

Offline LukeWall

• View Profile

Project Lantern

on: March 09, 2018, 07:34:05 pm
Good day folks!

Just gonna dump a few assets here from Project Lantern, a dark fantasy side-scroller with a lot of focus on lighting and narrative. I’ve been juggling this idea around for a few months, and at the end of January teamed up with a mister Andrew Clearihan who is helping me code out a demo/POC of sorts. The funny thing is, I don’t currently have a CPU (only an IPad), so the plan as of the moment is that I keep working on design and story elements and chocking out assets, while Mr. Clearihan does the dirty work of coding the project in GameMaker Studio. So far we’re on a slow but steady track but hopefully once we get a second programmer and, most importantly, I get my computer back (long story), we’ll be able to make steady progress.

In the meantime, feast your eyes!. . . Or just give them a snack, totally your call. Not one to judge.  :crazy:

Gargoyle Static

Weapon Tests

Some progress on modular pieces. This also includes the gargoyles.

Current iteration of main character’s Weathered Armor set.

Pallete Test

Silhouette Test for Demo/First Boss: The Witchknight

Some pretty rough concept art.

(Animations are also complete but I’m currrently trying to find a way to post those on this forum from my iPad. Stay tuned)

Offline Bacrylic

• bacrylic
    • View Profile

Re: Project Lantern

Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 08:33:17 pm
Dude I flippin love this. That giant sword scene is just inspiring.

Offline LukeWall

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 01:12:40 am
Dude I flippin love this. That giant sword scene is just inspiring.

Thank you very much. I’ve been having a lot of trouble getting backgrounds to turn out the way I want and been in kind of a slump. Seeing an encouraging comment has given me a little bit more hope. Thanks a bunch!

Offline Bacrylic

• bacrylic
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 04:27:19 am
You're welcome. I'm actually having similar issues. Characters and animation came a bit easier, but backgrounds and level design feels like it requires a whole different approach. Good luck man.

Offline legiaoru

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 02:57:34 pm
 Usually i don't like this style of pixelart, but i liked what you posted so far. Good luck with the project. :y: