AuthorTopic: How do I add images to my post?  (Read 2815 times)

Offline PD049

• View Profile

How do I add images to my post?

on: September 18, 2018, 04:31:53 pm
I want to add an Image to one of my posts, but when I click on "insert image", it just comes up with brackets. What do I put inside the brackets in order to post the image of my choosing? Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: How do I add images to my post?

Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 04:44:40 pm
You put a URL in there, the URL of your image. You can use an image host such as Imgur to upload your image online. Then, get the URL of the image (e.g. by right-clicking and selecting "Copy Image Address" or similar from the menu, or by dragging the image to the address bar to navigate directly to the image, and then the address bar will have the image's URL in it), and paste that between the two IMG tags.

Offline PD049

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 04:49:35 pm
I tried dragging the image into the url box, and it did give me a url, but it still won't post.

Offline Kiana

• Artist & Game Dev
    • kianamosser
    • View Profile
    • itch.io page

Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 06:16:48 pm
What URL are you using? It needs to be the direct link to the image, hosted somewhere on the internet. You need a link that has the file extension at the end of it (.gif, .png, .jpg, etc.). Then you need to wrap the URL in BBcode img tags.

Example:
Code: [Select]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7tTWfa4.png[/img]
Gives you:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 06:20:08 pm by Kiana »
To achieve mastery is not to be able to work without thinking; rather it is to have total control of one's choices.