AuthorTopic: portrait **finished**  (Read 7507 times)

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Re: portrait [wip]

Reply #10 on: November 22, 2006, 09:08:54 am

I've made her eyeborws purple now and thinner. Hopefully she looks less angry. The body is just roughed out for now.
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 11:11:58 am
further womanification:

I'm afraid it's mostly a matter of following your reference closer in shapes and lights. I suggest finding the same pic in a bigger resolution. Always use bigger reference than the pixel size you'll remake in.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 11:29:41 am
Great edit Helm. I will definately take it into account on future versions. I'm using a large reference:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e199/sharprm/beyonce-knowles-free-wallpapers-2.jpg

Here's an animation showing what hows its going at the moment. Second frame is helm's edit superimposed.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 11:34:00 am by sharprm »
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 07:32:32 am
Edit: Finished image:

I'vve been working on this 3 days and I think its as good as it can get and I'm getting bored working on it. I think i learnt a bit
doing this piece and am happy with the result.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 01:40:47 am by sharprm »

Offline Lelle

• View Profile

Re: portrait **finished**

Reply #14 on: November 28, 2006, 01:49:50 pm
It looks awesome! Only thing that seem to bug me is that the lower part of her swimsuit is looking kind of flat. Maybe you could add some stretching to the fabric and make it tear more into her flesh. Iīm not as good with edits as you but I tried anyways hehe...

Try not to look at it at all for a week or so then open it up and voila all the little problems is usually glowing. Not as fun to work on old pieces though.

Thatīs a LOT of pixels in 3 days btw! :]

Cheers,

Lelle

Offline snader

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 05:51:23 pm
this doesnt look finished to me, it could improve soo much by the use of dithering and AA, right now it looks (to me) like rather quickly blocked-in shades

the arm and belly (belly in a lesser degree) are looking random, as well as the arm looking skinny
colours of the hair and suit aren't really working for me either

face has got a pretty good likeness though

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 06:02:15 pm
that isnt finished :S.. lots more u could do.. try dithering it ;)
God forgive him for his sins I know its was his last minute, You spread his wings so he can only fly.. He will allways be a legend in our hearts and legends never die..

R.I.P Tose Proeski ~Senad

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 06:25:59 pm
It does not really look finnished to me either, but if you say it is, then it is.. :O

Anyway you should dither everything, so it looks less.. plastic.

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: November 29, 2006, 02:04:37 am
Working on dithering now and i think it helps. Will post in a week or so. Will look into redoing the clothes. Like how you've made the
skin buldge on the edit, Lelle. No comments about the background - thats the part i think that looks nicest.