AuthorTopic: Perspective Help!  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Lethandralis

• View Profile

Perspective Help!

on: March 05, 2018, 02:06:59 am
I made this hut! I am really happy with the colors and the style, but I am having a hard time nailing the perspective, especially on the roof. I am trying to go for a 3/4 perspective, but I think the roof looks like it is viewed from the front.

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: Perspective Help!

Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 03:45:24 am
The porch looks like a side-view because the floor is so narrow. If that house is wider than a couple of feet, we should see way more of the floor, it should probably fill up the entire space up to the roof.

Is it a gabled roof? Those are always a hassle in 3/4 perspective. One thing you could do is make the top of the gable more visually distinct, such as by adding some logs or other elements holding the roofing material in place (photo example), having a thicker layer of thatch on the ridge (photo example), or having a different arrangement of the thatch/leaves there, whether decorative or functional.
Having the apparently-wider lower part of the roof in the back visible behind the front would also help. Or is the widening at the top meant to be that, and this is actually a flat roof? If it's a flat roof, then I think taking care to make sure the texture looks like it's lying on a flat plane would help. Leaving it flat is too ambiguous.