AuthorTopic: Leus and Ruel  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Leus and Ruel

on: May 07, 2006, 03:02:27 am

Guess who's who. I think I'll call 'em done, unless you guys see any glaring flaws. Not happy with the fox's hand, but that's the best I could get.

And yeah, I know red fox's forelegs are black/dark. It didn't look right.

C&C.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Re: Leus and Ruel

Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 05:29:20 am
leus = fox, reul = panda?

i really like this, one of the most unique and interesting pieces Ive seen in a while. the lesser side of the fox's face bugs me a bit tho
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 06:30:46 am
Congratulations! You won...uh, some pocket lint. I'll mail it to you.

What's wrong with his face? Is it too flat or something?

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 06:40:52 am
i think its coz, considering how big his eyebrow.. part is on his right side of his face, you see too much of his eye and too little of his eyebrow part on his right side
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 06:57:00 am
I like this, but not the panda so much.  For one, pandas are cool, but everyone already knows this.  There are a lot of interesting animals, but everyone wants to go for the panda...  this is more of a personal issue though.

Technique wise, I also thing the panda is of worse quality.  He has that weird line on his chest, and his face looks very mousey.  So much so I'm not sure he's a panda... which bothers me because your fox looks most definately like a fox and it seems inconsistent to be so stylized with one but not the other.  Also, he looks like he's going to fall over... no one can stand like that, despite stylized perspectives.  And I think the lightest shade of AA on his leg is too light.

Also, the upper left blue region of the circle could have it's AA improved.

But this is very good.  I like the fox very much.  As for the hand, I feel like a more bonier or clawlike hand would fit better than mickey mouse and bugs bunny hands.

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 05:30:21 am
*hopes the panda trips and falls* *whistles innocently*. Pretty nice work the AA seems unusually fuzzy unfortunately. I actually like the pand and fox's face. Lotta character in there. The bg could use some toning down however, its hurting meh eyes. The sig is top notch too, very stylish.