AuthorTopic: Sprite bases  (Read 4903 times)

Offline GDawgTheFab

• View Profile

Re: Sprite bases

Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 06:16:57 pm
I am not qualified to talk about animation, but I can't agree with the head's shading, is the light coming from directly the front of the character? That doesn't seem to be the case from the rest of the body. Removing the darker shade from the top of the head would surely improve it, the head shading should be minimal on the back of the head and fuse with the outline of the top part.

Yeah you are absolutely right, don't know what I was thinking there, the light source is supposed to be somewhat more neutral coming from the top front. I don't think I was too bothered with it however because that is just the sprite base and that part of the head will probably be covered up by hair on most characters.

Offline Vinik

• View Profile

Re: Sprite bases

Reply #11 on: March 11, 2018, 06:27:30 pm
got it, just alerting because it is good practice to try to keep all stuff uniform, either for training or, for example to avoid unconsciously following the base shading when drawing hairs or hats. We naturally draw a lot stuff that never gets to show, and we do it as practice or just for fun, but every bit adds to our skill, like the muscles we draw on rpg sprite bases that are always hidden (the infamous musclebaby thing, search the forums for that term if you want some hilarity)