AuthorTopic: Problem with axe proportions  (Read 1632 times)

Offline tecnologgamer

• View Profile

Problem with axe proportions

on: February 27, 2018, 01:36:16 pm
Hello there!

I'm starting to pratice animations and so I was thiking to do a simple idle animations with this characters.

So I'm started to make the stick figures for the next frame, and the problem with I have is the axe who he is hold.

The problem who I have is I can't managed to make the same proportions with axe from the first frame, so it's feels like he is holding another axe. What I doing wrong? Someone can help?

Thanks you!

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: Problem with axe proportions

Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 02:19:45 pm
Please don't pre-zoom your images, the forum has its own zoom feature (click to zoom in, click with alt, shift, or ctrl/cmd to zoom out). Upload at 1x, it makes your posts more compact and makes it easier for people to make edits.

The axe in the first frame has a different shape than what you seem to intend for it, maybe that's the problem? If you rotate the axe 45 degrees, the shape you get is something like this:

Even if there's foreshortening, that would just mean the the blade should be a bit more vertically stretched than this, but it's still not the symmetrical round shape you're drawing in your other frames.

Offline tecnologgamer

• View Profile

Re: Problem with axe proportions

Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 04:24:05 pm
Please don't pre-zoom your images, the forum has its own zoom feature (click to zoom in, click with alt, shift, or ctrl/cmd to zoom out). Upload at 1x, it makes your posts more compact and makes it easier for people to make edits.

The axe in the first frame has a different shape than what you seem to intend for it, maybe that's the problem? If you rotate the axe 45 degrees, the shape you get is something like this:

Even if there's foreshortening, that would just mean the the blade should be a bit more vertically stretched than this, but it's still not the symmetrical round shape you're drawing in your other frames.

I understand what I'm made wrong, thanks you and sorry about pre-zoom.