AuthorTopic: [WIP] Football Hit (urgent!)  (Read 4271 times)

Offline ceddo

• View Profile

[WIP] Football Hit (urgent!)

on: November 19, 2006, 06:51:18 pm
You've probably seen this posted by me on pixeljoint a couple of weeks ago, but I got few replies and I need many more, so I'm opening a new thread!

Here's what I've got so far:

I need to know... *fast*... what angle of the pitch I can have in the background. Deadline for the competition is 10th of December 2006, so I can't really go into lots of detail since I don't have lots of time left.

Any suggestions are welcome, here are some issues I'm having:
- Need an angle for a background that's effective and not too time-consuming.
- The guy in blue: he looks disproportionate. I would also like the seperation between the pants & the jersey to be visible, but it doesn't look good when I try it.

Please, I need lots of cc, I'm under a lot of time pressure :(

PROGRESS:
Maybe this? It may not give the signature enough strength...

Note: someone said his lips look 'retarded', which they do. I want him to look like the air is being blasted out of his lungs, saying "oof!"

.c

Offline Ar

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Football Hit (urgent!)

Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 12:24:49 am
Mouth of blue guy looks like he want to kiss someone (red guy?). Maybe try to use darken color inside it.
Black outline is bad. Some areas need little aa. Overall image looks little bleached imho, try to add some contrast.
Every pixel is important.

Offline ep

• View Profile
    • my deviantArt

Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 04:01:54 am
The angle you chose is workable, although for some reason when I see this I think of more of a straight view, not sure why.  With the mouth it should be parted slightly to show that air is escaping, a darker hue would work (add a couple of pixels under the mouth in the original version and it should work).  The only problem I really have with the blue guy is that his outstretched arm looks way too long.  The guy in red has his helmet pretty far down there should be a gap from the bottom of the helmet to the top of the jersey.  The legs on the red guy also make it look like he is really twisted, I think it is the knee-sock area that does this.

Offline ceddo

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 05:32:50 am

Bleached? I'll add some contrast tonight :P
Alright, I just changed the angle for now and made the gasp more apparent for the blue guy, but I see your points for the red guy.

I will remove all the black lines eventually (when I'm polishing up), it's just I find it easier to work with black lines to start with.

Offline Nix

• when life throws you pixels.. make pixelade
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 05:17:01 pm
he shouldnt even be playing without a helmet.
Nixel Art

Offline ceddo

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 09:21:57 pm
Yes, I will add the helmet in the air last though. Seems like more of a detail to me :-P

I started on the grass but it looks really bad... Oh well, it came with some other updates so I guess i'll post it.

I attempted to fix the arm, but has it worked? There's still this illusion that it's alright, but if I look closely it looks strange.
I changed the mouth (again), hopefully it looks better this time.

And finally... the grass, oh god the grass.
I'll redo it with bigger blades and put them all in one direction, to give the image of speed.

Offline Aleiav

• I like my coffee black just like my metal.
    • View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 08:03:26 am
I wouldn't use dithering for this. See where it starts getting choppy on the muscles of the blue guy's thigh? I'd use just shades and AA.

Looking at things up close, you seem like you have a good idea where the folds are. Leaving out dither might add some interesting contrast to it.

Scotteh

Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 04:02:00 pm
looks like your doing a good job for sam ceddo :D (im teh stars btw :P) nice grass also.

I have one crit, the dude holding the ball doesnt seem to have a very gooid grip, make his hand wrap around the ball :)

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: November 22, 2006, 04:08:35 pm
Isn't this for a competition of RuneScapeCommunity?. I stalk the graphics forums there.
The arms of the attacker should be more longer. And the guy getting the ..... taken out of him face isn't that round.
His forehead should be longer and left cheek could be more bigger.
Good job so far.