AuthorTopic: Which one? (NOT My Works)  (Read 7624 times)

Offline Tezza

• View Profile

Which one? (NOT My Works)

on: November 18, 2006, 03:59:28 am
Well, I hosted a pixel competition on an online gaming community forum. Here some of the artworks people came up with.
I would really like it if you could leave a comment on which one you think would be the btter one or on how one could improve.

Thanks!

Offline Hero

• View Profile

Re: Which one? (NOT My Works)

Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 04:01:46 am
Lol, hi Tezza. Its teh Ferahgo.

You know my pick. Second one. BEtter shading, textures, style. Colours are too soft but as you know it can be fixed.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 04:02:32 am
Im not sure everyone will appreciate being judges for hire..
Im not gonna make a vote, Ive never really been a fan of these sigs or the fact they always put writing over them, I'd suggest just making a poll at whatever forum these are from
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Hero

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 04:07:25 am
Im not sure everyone will appreciate being judges for hire..
Im not gonna make a vote, Ive never really been a fan of these sigs or the fact they always put writing over them, I'd suggest just making a poll at whatever forum these are from
He did, but the voters were biased, and really didnt know what they were saying. They arent experience pixelers like a lot of people here, and without that they arent knowledgable in the different factors that make a quality pixel work.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 04:07:38 am
ill vote if the writing is taken off of them completely.

Offline Hero

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 04:58:38 am
ill vote if the writing is taken off of them completely.
This is a bit complicated but I'll try to summarize things...

In this game, people have made forums for the game. Forums=signatures. The game does have cyber currency, so some people buy pixel art, and some people sell pixel art for this cyber currency. To prevent their artwork to be stolen before payment, the artist puts on "Samples" or basically just writing to show it is not to be used by anyone. The low opacity writing all over the signature cannot be removed at the moment, does serve a purpose, and I'm pretty sure that you can still get a very good grasp of the quality of pixel by looking at the works and ignoring the writing.

I hope that clears things up.

He just wants to know which pixel signature is better quality, and hopefully a reason why. It isnt that hard you guys...

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 05:04:39 am
well, it takes about ten minutes to remove it completely :-\
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Hero

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 05:06:40 am
well, it takes about ten minutes to remove it completely :-\
Really? Do you mean pixel by pixel or just removing the layer(s)?

But yeah, some desperate people sometimes rip the pixel work but a lot of times the writing helps.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 05:10:07 am
This is a bit complicated but I'll try to summarize things...

In this game, people have made forums for the game. Forums=signatures. The game does have cyber currency, so some people buy pixel art, and some people sell pixel art for this cyber currency. To prevent their artwork to be stolen before payment, the artist puts on "Samples" or basically just writing to show it is not to be used by anyone. The low opacity writing all over the signature cannot be removed at the moment, does serve a purpose, and I'm pretty sure that you can still get a very good grasp of the quality of pixel by looking at the works and ignoring the writing.

I hope that clears things up.

He just wants to know which pixel signature is better quality, and hopefully a reason why. It isnt that hard you guys...
you think i didnt know that? the samples and such are very disguising. for minutes i was looking at part of the sample word as highlights and such. and theres way too much writing on the second one for me to even look at it right.

bah ill just go ahead and vote. the second one is better, all the objects cohere to eachother better, and the pallette is more pleasing to the eye. while both of them lack quite a bit of contrast.

Offline Hero

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 05:14:08 am
you think i didnt know that? the samples and such are very disguising. for minutes i was looking at part of the sample word as highlights and such. and theres way too much writing on the second one for me to even look at it right.

bah ill just go ahead and vote. the second one is better, all the objects cohere to eachother better, and the pallette is more pleasing to the eye. while both of them lack quite a bit of contrast.
Lol i really wasnt sure if there are rippers, samples or anything of that sort in pixelation. Sorry if it seemed like i was lecturing you or something, i really just didnt know if any of you guys have heard of these things so i though i might as well explain it. Some people over-do the samples which i agree is very annoying and useless but its up to the artist.

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 06:40:17 am
moved to the general discussion forum since you are not seeking C+C and it is not your work.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #11 on: November 18, 2006, 12:25:36 pm
if there not your works - why does it have your name on the second one?  just curious.  btw first one kicks the shit outa the second.  i would actually like to see it without the stupid writing.

Offline Tezza

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: November 18, 2006, 01:17:06 pm
They have my name on them because they're made for me  :P