AuthorTopic: Josephin  (Read 12565 times)

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Re: Josephin

Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 07:55:33 am
Here is the reference.

Offline 2dgamers

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 06:59:04 am
A very nice rendition of the original reference. Did you choose the palette from the ref.? What about tracing the contour of the ref.? Either way you did well with the pixel placement. Good job!

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: November 22, 2006, 02:23:11 pm
I first chose the colours from the original piece, then i pretty much edited colours that looked "bad".. So its not fully my palette..

Anyway, i posted this on Pixeljoint :). And i guess its finnished, i could still edit some stuff that looks bad, please crit :)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 03:49:54 pm
You only use 1 pixel aa, if the lines you are smoothing out the aa can be longer too, like this:

aabbcc or aaabbbccc and so on or comibations of this.

Also you have too much layered up anti alias which just makes things look blurry.

This is quite old and I could do better now, but it shows what I mean in the examples on the right especially.

Keep in mind that aa is an approximation to make things appear to be smoother/higher res than they really are, and not just added pixels here and there.

And I would recommend killing the outlines and aa her properly to the background.

I might do an edit later when I have more time perhaps :)
Keep it up.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 03:54:47 pm by ptoing »
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 06:01:07 pm
ah ptoing, i see what you mean :),  hehe i get it. Thanks, i will probibly edit the picture a bit later with correct AAing.

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 01:06:01 am

here's a quick edit. i didn't do the AA cause you've said you'd work on that already. mainly the ear & her right eye. also a bit on the neck.
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 08:56:51 pm
Right at the top of her nose she's got a pimple :P.  It's just a splotch of pink and it sticks out a lot to me. You maybe forgot to dither it or something? And while at the nose, there's an area of the outline of the nose by the eye that seems too straight; the line above it could be brought down a few pixels...if you don't get what I mean, I'll edit to show ya.  Also, donno if it's been said because I haven't read everybody's response, but the earing looks not 3d enough...just looks flat.

Other than that at the moment, it is an amazing piece.  The dithering is fantastic, and the highlight/shadow placement is dead on.  Great job ZoSo.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Aleiav

• I like my coffee black just like my metal.
    • View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 09:37:52 pm
The AA on the neck makes the black line there not so obtrusive and different in the edit, so I'd definately consider some AA on that.

:y:

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 09:39:00 pm
Right at the top of her nose she's got a pimple :P.  It's just a splotch of pink and it sticks out a lot to me. You maybe forgot to dither it or something? And while at the nose, there's an area of the outline of the nose by the eye that seems too straight; the line above it could be brought down a few pixels...if you don't get what I mean, I'll edit to show ya.  Also, donno if it's been said because I haven't read everybody's response, but the earing looks not 3d enough...just looks flat.

Other than that at the moment, it is an amazing piece.  The dithering is fantastic, and the highlight/shadow placement is dead on.  Great job ZoSo.

I see what you mean, ill fix all that :).

Thanks everyone, i appreciate your feedback.

Offline Senad

• Pixelious Danger
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 03:08:06 am
Heey, it looks awesome!, Im new on the forum but here I was bored and did my 11 colored version,
Hope you dont mind  :-[

She looks like my sister !, thats why I did it  :)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 03:22:04 am by Senad »
God forgive him for his sins I know its was his last minute, You spread his wings so he can only fly.. He will allways be a legend in our hearts and legends never die..

R.I.P Tose Proeski ~Senad