Poll

On a scale from 1 to 10 stars, with 10 being the best, how do you rate MS Paint?

AuthorTopic: MS Paint Poll  (Read 60918 times)

Offline konjak

• anger.
    • View Profile

Re: MS Paint Poll

Reply #140 on: February 21, 2007, 01:26:26 am
I pixel all my game graphics in paint, then animate the more complex animations in Graphics Gale.

I keep all the sprites in the same BMP and have my palette as a part of it that I move and copy around within the file. I love Paint because it doesn't hide it's features behind several buttons and I really don't need any layers for spriting my own stuff. All you need is colors and a pen tool.

Offline eck

• But why is RUM gone???
    • View Profile

Reply #141 on: February 21, 2007, 01:55:34 am
why havent i seen this?

let me just start this post by saying:  "i r a paint nub!!!"

yes, i use paint.  yes, im to poor to afford pormotion.  yes, im a lazy little shit, and refuse to try g gale or anything.

paint doesnt hide anything.  its streight forward, and easy to use.  it has all the nessacary features, and none of that extra crap to weigh me down.  i had the hotkeys down by the age of like 10, before i even knew that doodleing shit and bucketing it in was anything neer pixel art.  once you know all the tools, its really not all that much different then promotion (which i did force myself to learn to use).  its got a grid, its got a thumbnail, its got 10x zoom, its got color selector, text tool, line tool, and curve tool.  what more do you need?  the colors are fucked up, yes, but after a while you get used to it. 

i gave it a 3 because its got the tools i need, but it isnt fancy and after reading this thread, i feel like a retard.
untz untz untz?

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #142 on: February 21, 2007, 05:55:55 am
Paint hides plenty. The 4x zoom, the 10x zoom, the magical color that lets you see videos through it, the different brush sizes...

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #143 on: February 21, 2007, 06:07:39 am
the magical color that lets you see videos through it
What?

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #144 on: February 21, 2007, 06:21:39 am
http://mysteriouscolor.blogspot.com/2007/01/mysterious-color-that-lets-you-see.html
Took me quite a while to find it. Easily the most useless thing ever.

Along comes someone in the comments and offers a perfectly logical explanation. Where's the sense of magic? :durr:

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #145 on: February 21, 2007, 06:42:56 am
Ah........okay.......?

Easily the most useless thing ever.
Agreed.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #146 on: February 21, 2007, 06:47:02 am
I hate that Paint has 4x zoom, but if you have to momentarily change to another zoom level by clicking it specifically, you lose the ability to go back to 4x zoom unless you restart the program. It's annoying because I've gotten to the point that I can pixel accurately at 4x, but not at 2x and anything larger gets to be overkill. I can't even imagine what people use the 10x zoom for. Maybe they're nearly blind. Which makes it difficult to reach 10x zoom in the first place.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #147 on: February 21, 2007, 06:50:57 am
I hate that Paint has 4x zoom, but if you have to momentarily change to another zoom level by clicking it specifically, you lose the ability to go back to 4x zoom unless you restart the program. It's annoying because I've gotten to the point that I can pixel accurately at 4x, but not at 2x and anything larger gets to be overkill. I can't even imagine what people use the 10x zoom for. Maybe they're nearly blind. Which makes it difficult to reach 10x zoom in the first place.

Or you could hit Ctrl + PageDown...that automatically gives you the 4X zoom, I think. A little hot key tip for all you hot key whores, out there...
my back hurts...

Offline konjak

• anger.
    • View Profile

Reply #148 on: February 21, 2007, 07:00:13 am
OR... you zoom from the "View" toolbar option... though I only sprite at 6x and 8x.

Someone mentioned 10x which does not exist in Paint as far as I know.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #149 on: February 21, 2007, 08:48:15 am
10x zoom in paint is achieved by clicking on the magnifier then, under 8x, click the very last responsive pixel in the toolbar.