Poll

On a scale from 1 to 10 stars, with 10 being the best, how do you rate MS Paint?

AuthorTopic: MS Paint Poll  (Read 60914 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: MS Paint Poll

Reply #110 on: November 24, 2006, 10:01:21 am
Yes, it's oldschool now,

IT WAS NEVER OLDSCHOOL! My disabled grandmother isn't oldschool, she's disabled, salivates on herself and thinks I'm an angel sent from the lord to come and take her away whenever I come into the room with my long hair and such. If my grandmother went out and still did awesome skateboarding tricks, she'd be OLDSCHOOL AWESOME.

Remember, when windows users got mspaint, Amiga users got Deluxe Paint which is old and clunky today, but is OLDSCHOOL AWESOME compared to MSpaint. Deluxepaint was made to give a lot of graphical control for low-res machines with indexed palettes. MSpaint is made to SCRIBBLE SHIT DOWN. Seriously, people! Don't make me eat my cat here!

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #111 on: November 24, 2006, 10:05:16 am
I never thought of MS Paint as old school, cause I always think of an old 3.1 program I saw my uncle on way back....had a green UI if I remember correctly :S....
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #112 on: November 24, 2006, 11:15:52 am
IT WAS NEVER OLDSCHOOL! My disabled grandmother isn't oldschool, she's disabled, salivates on herself and thinks I'm an angel sent from the lord to come and take her away whenever I come into the room with my long hair and such. If my grandmother went out and still did awesome skateboarding tricks, she'd be OLDSCHOOL AWESOME.

Remember, when windows users got mspaint, Amiga users got Deluxe Paint which is old and clunky today, but is OLDSCHOOL AWESOME compared to MSpaint. Deluxepaint was made to give a lot of graphical control for low-res machines with indexed palettes. MSpaint is made to SCRIBBLE SHIT DOWN. Seriously, people! Don't make me eat my cat here!

LMFAO... I have to agree with helm here... if you want old school check out my intial post on the what got you into pixel art?

ladies and gentleman... i've been around the block a few times and have tried and tested many graphics packages... and I can tell you when it comes to pixelling - MSpaint was an afterthought... by all means use it - but please... be aware - it is the afterbirth of the whole windows OS - thrown in to 'have a rudimentary gfx package available' - note the emphasis here... I can tell you that the first gfx package I ever used (Melbourne draw on the spectrum) had more features than MSpaint... (well that's probably strictly not true - but it sounds funny)
Yeah I know it's free... and yeah I know it has some nominal value... but people GET WITH THE PROGRAM and evolve...! Honestly...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 11:19:10 am by baccaman21 »
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #113 on: November 24, 2006, 11:57:36 am
hmmmm..... whats putting me off learning how to use promotion properly is just how... choleric its supporters seem.
Ive always found mspaint humble and simple - nothing deserving praise, nothing deserving condemnation and the only trouble that seems to come about it is from people bashing it.
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline baccaman21

• View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #114 on: November 24, 2006, 12:16:40 pm
yup... that's one side effect of learning new and more advanced apps I'm afraid is that it turns you into bitter and twisted indivduals... who have no ability to look beyond their new found ways... :lol:

seriously though... as I've explained before - by all means use Mspaint... it's just that it's not the best app around for the purpose of pushing pixels efficiently... it's horses for courses of course and if you feel you get better results out of it then go ahead and use it... that fact still remains though, that sticking ones head in the sand - putting ones fingers in ones ears and going "YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA YA - not listening" will never amount to one advancing ones skills by ignoring those that know that have gone beyond that...

I was dragged kicking and screaming from dpaint and autodesk animator cos that's all I knew at the time... but with practice and time it makes sense... i've never used MSpaint so i can't really criticise it if i'm fair... but like I said... if you enjoy it - and can get good results out of it... then power to your sword and go forward in glee... knowing that you can use a rusty old spoon to create fantastic pieces of art... but in my world, time is of the essence and rusty old spoons just don't cut the mustard... hence the use of shiny spoons to dig the condiment out of the jar...

go figure!

yes I'm choleric - but i'm choleric for a reason...

look deep into your heart... you knows it!

« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 12:26:01 pm by baccaman21 »

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #115 on: November 24, 2006, 01:25:01 pm
choleric

oooh!

Offline baccaman21

• View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #116 on: November 24, 2006, 01:46:39 pm

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #117 on: November 24, 2006, 01:55:28 pm
i was quite happy with that word, I hoped it didnt seem forced in lol
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline baccaman21

• View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #118 on: November 24, 2006, 02:14:06 pm
 ;D

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #119 on: November 24, 2006, 02:54:33 pm
No you did it right, subtle pause then blam, zinged! I felt the burn. MSPAINT KID.