Poll

On a scale from 1 to 10 stars, with 10 being the best, how do you rate MS Paint?

AuthorTopic: MS Paint Poll  (Read 60947 times)

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Re: MS Paint Poll

Reply #100 on: November 24, 2006, 06:45:46 am
But!

No INSTANT PALETTE EDITING (OBLIGATORY!)

and

No ANIMATION (tears of sorrow!)

makes

CRAPTASTICULAR! ; ___ ;

Also No multiple file manipulation without having to start another ms paint window.
No transparency and No brush container, No choosable canvas size when starting .
And No LOADS OF STUFF.

So yeah use ProMotion people (or at least something better than ms paint)

or else your genitals will shrink until they dissapear. >:0

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #101 on: November 24, 2006, 08:09:02 am
Let's be fair here, people...
Some of us haven't had the privilage of using more advance programs other than MS Paint yet. And some of us have, yet prefer MS Paint.
Not to mention that most of us if not all of us started our early pixel days with MS Paint. No doubt MS Paint was there, is there, and will always be there for anyone to begin the joyous hobby of pixeling.
So why dump on a program that makes it possible for anyone to get started and pixel 'til their heart's content?
Yes, it's oldschool now, and there are more advance programs out there now, but MS Paint has two things going for it. Accessability, and it's easy to use.

I'm not trying to be the righteous defender of MS Paint here... But I do believe in fair play.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 08:11:16 am by Ryona »

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #102 on: November 24, 2006, 08:26:29 am
Yeah you are right.
Practically we've been beating a dead horse with the MS Paint discussion.
There have been tons of threads about it. How bad it was compared to whatever, or which on is the best program for pixelling and crap like that.
Aware that if it weren't for MS Paint, many people wouldn't have started pixelling (me included).
We all know it's accesible and all. And practically it doesn't matter if anyone uses MS Paint for pixelling if they like it (We are not who to enforce the use of anything, but it's true it could be better, and there are better options).
Yet we all like to tease each other about it with threads like these :P
I guess human stupidity or something on those lines. But heh. :lol:

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #103 on: November 24, 2006, 08:39:13 am
Aware that if it weren't for MS Paint, many people wouldn't have started pixelling (me included).

So true though...

But I remember the old days, before all this MS Paint commotion, when all we had for "pixelling" was some different colors of string and a good cross stitching pattern.
/seniorcitizen

Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #104 on: November 24, 2006, 08:41:25 am
Yeah, I DO wish that MS Paint had more features! lol

I'm sure that when and if I start getting into something advance like ProMotion, I'll be like "How could I have ever tolerated MS Paint!? This new program is so much better!!!".

But hey, even when that day comes, I won't forget my roots. If I did, that would be like a kid, once poor, growing up in a rundown neighbourhood, eventually becoming a big star, and forgetting where she/he came from.

So, yeah. Props ought to be given where they are due.

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #105 on: November 24, 2006, 08:43:59 am
I think most of us anti-MS Painters have run out of valid arguments and have been reduced to restating previously covered objections with added cynicism and inventing childish insults to dismay any current users and frustrate those who insist on defending said program's merits. I for one, am enjoying myself thoroughly.

Let's be fair here, people...
I think the moderators of this establishment are being quite fair, because if I where running the show, any user who voted more that one would be permabanned, have their IP recursively traced to it's geographical origin, with multiple satellite image triangulation, in order to precisely aim my Akira-like orbital death beam. Count your blessings.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 08:45:31 am by pkmays »

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #106 on: November 24, 2006, 08:49:39 am
I think the moderators of this establishment are being quite fair, because if I where running the show, any user who voted more that one would be permabanned, have their IP recursively traced to it's geographical origin, with multiple satellite image triangulation, in order to precisely aim my Akira-like orbital death beam. Count your blessings.

Ouch.

I guess I should feel ever so lucky you're not a mod. lol

I'll be sure to pray to Chuck Norris tonight for my great fortune of not being blasted to atoms.

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #107 on: November 24, 2006, 09:00:23 am
Yes, well, when you tuck yourself in your warm comfy bed tonight, just take comfort in the fact that I once was one of the original OG Pixelation mods. And find solace in the thought that I worship a much more powerful god, a vengeful god, who will smite your god and every strand of his body hair:

RICHARD
DEAN
ANDERSON

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #108 on: November 24, 2006, 09:02:33 am
Haha

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #109 on: November 24, 2006, 09:15:54 am
MacGyver? Well I'll be damned. I believe you've trumped me, my good man.