Poll

On a scale from 1 to 10 stars, with 10 being the best, how do you rate MS Paint?

**********
*********
********
*******
******
*****
****
***
**
*

AuthorTopic: MS Paint Poll  (Read 48956 times)

Offline Peppermint Pig

  • 0010
  • *
  • Posts: 495
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile

MS Paint Poll

on: November 16, 2006, 03:41:25 pm
So, MS Paint. Crap, or total crap?   ;)

 How do you compare the different versions?

Offline ptoing

  • 0101
  • ****
  • Posts: 3063
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: MS Paint Poll

Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 03:45:39 pm
I voted 1, but it's a 1 which converges towards 0.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline goat

  • 0010
  • *
  • Posts: 230
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • bl33t
    • View Profile

Re: MS Paint Poll

Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 03:52:04 pm
Megacrap.  No animation, no way to handle multiple files without opening multiple instances of the program, no on the fly palette manipulation, no layers, craptacular color selection.

99% of the people who say MSPaint is "just as good for pixeling" don't pixel at a volume or at a level where they would notice how inadequate it is.  The other 1% are just crazy.

IMO using MSPaint is like opening a beer bottle on the edge of your coffee table because you're too lazy to go out and get a bottle opener.
typing ewith fdace

Offline ptoing

  • 0101
  • ****
  • Posts: 3063
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: MS Paint Poll

Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 03:55:20 pm
IMO using MSPaint is like opening a beer bottle on the edge of your coffee table because you're too lazy to go out and get a bottle opener.

And using Promotion is like opening it with your teeth because you are awesome.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Panda

  • 0100
  • ***
  • Posts: 1008
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Re: MS Paint Poll

Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 03:57:11 pm
I gave it a 4.
While it did it's job for me in the past and was the program that got me started, right now it feels so slow and retarded after switching to ProMotion.
Also kinda stupid how they removed the transparency ability.
But I guess better than nothing. Still nice for pasting screenshots fastly though.

Offline snake

  • 0010
  • *
  • Posts: 314
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile

Re: MS Paint Poll

Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 04:00:04 pm
MS Paint is not a good program and It's not a diverse program. It's a very simple program that does just the most basic pixel drawing effects. In a way, that's what I like about it. It's like writing in notepad. It's just for writing, and then you save. (Not a good example as you can code HTML in it, but you get my point.) If I want advanced stuff like brushes, effects, filters, multiple editing tools and such, I'll use photoshop or some other program. I don't want to defend Paint, and certainly not Microsoft. Other programs are certainly a lot better both in productivity and technology. MS Paint is there if you feel like using it.

Scotteh

  • Guest

Re: MS Paint Poll

Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 04:11:11 pm
I gave it an 8, its the program I know how to use. I have downloaded pmotion and graphics gale but i don't know how to use them. :'(

Offline ptoing

  • 0101
  • ****
  • Posts: 3063
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: MS Paint Poll

Reply #7 on: November 16, 2006, 04:14:52 pm
Scotteh: Read the manual that comes with them? F1?
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline goat

  • 0010
  • *
  • Posts: 230
  • Karma: +0/-0
  • bl33t
    • View Profile

Re: MS Paint Poll

Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 04:18:26 pm
Definitely wanna read the manual for ProMotion... all the core features are easy to find, but if you don't read the manual you miss out on a lot of its more badass features.
typing ewith fdace

Offline 9_6

  • 0010
  • *
  • Posts: 416
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile

Re: MS Paint Poll

Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 04:44:22 pm
Well sometimes limitations can be inspiring but paints limitations are just... well, too limiting.
No layers, no transparency, only one zoom scale, no selections, no comfort, no use.
I guess that's why it contains the word 'pain', let alone that it was made by microsoft.

1 star for this one.
ANYTHING is better than paint.
Even the most simple java oekaki program.
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix