AuthorTopic: [maths] how would you calculate the dimension to make a diamond into a tile ?  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Robbie Harrison

• View Profile
Hello everyone,

I've come to you for a particular problem I thought I'd never face ever again : Maths !

I was working on some tiles for the game of a friend, and was doing a cell-like pavement that I particularely liked :

once put together, it would make a cool pavement, perfect to make round surface and so on :

the problem being : I don't really know how to make a tile out of it. Out of luck, the first dimension I tried was perfectly the right size, once put into a 32*32 or 16*16 tiles, it fit perfectly, meaning that I could allign the tile without the cell being "cut" :

but obviously, when I tried bigger or smaller cell, it's impossible to make them into 32*32 tiles. So I came here to call for your help : does anyone have any idea how to calculate the dimension of a diamond-shape cell so that it's possible to make it into a 32*32 tile ? Because i've been racking my brain without figuring it out. Thank you !
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 02:12:51 am by Robbie Harrison »

Offline Curly

• View Profile
Never save pixel art as .jpg. It destroys it. Save it as .png instead :)

I kind of got it but a couple of cells are a bit bigger so it fits properly and I think they stand out too much.
I think it can be done way better easily with some more trying. Good luck :y:

Offline SilverBrick

• View Profile
Never save pixel art as .jpg. It destroys it. Save it as .png instead :)

I kind of got it but a couple of cells are a bit bigger so it fits properly and I think they stand out too much.
I think it can be done way better easily with some more trying. Good luck :y:

I don't think it's all that noticeable - they might just be more obvious to you because you were the one working on them. Plus the different sizes make the texture feel more natural, so if anything it's a good thing.