AuthorTopic: plot for a platformer {im hopelessly lost}  (Read 5704 times)

Offline roobv

• View Profile

plot for a platformer {im hopelessly lost}

on: November 15, 2006, 06:47:11 pm
okay well iv been working really hard on making a platformer game simillar to CAVE STORY, but i am completly lost on what should happen in my plot next. If anyone has any ideas please say them^^. Basically anything can happen  :P.
So far:

Earth was in pandemonium
The flame went out of the earth, the core froze over.
Rays exploded from the dying core, causing all machinery to be lost, pacemakers, communication, and most of all transportation.
Humans waited helplessly for their inevitable destruction.
With the authorization of the supreme council the prototype self powered and controlled by an AI (thus not affected by the rays) 'Pods'each
containing a genetically advanced human in cryo were launched into the outer reaches of the galaxy.
Their one objective was to locate a place suitable to establish a new human population on.

-200- years into the future from the annihilation  of the human population.
A planet covered in land and ocean, orange clouds wafted accross the forested landscapes.
A paradise.
On signal the AI launches the Pods towards the planets atmosphere, simultaneously begining to unfreaze the humans trapped in cryo.
The attmospheric presure was too stong, the Pods were knocked away from each other, spiraling down into the planet.

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Re: plot for a platformer {im hopelessly lost}

Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 12:07:41 am
Ooh, I love this kind of stuff.

How about if, on the remote planet, they find something that is the long-lost secret to the origin of the human race?  Or at least, something to explain the core freezing over.

Offline Godslayer

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 12:58:36 am
okay well iv been working really hard on making a platformer game similar to CAVE STORY, but i am completely lost on what should happen in my plot next. If anyone has any ideas please say them^^. Basically anything can happen  :P.
So far:

Earth was in pandemonium
The flame went out of the earth, the core froze over.
Rays exploded from the dying core, causing all machinery to be lost, pacemakers, communication, and most of all transportation.
Humans waited helplessly for their inevitable destruction.
With the authorization of the supreme council the prototype self powered and controlled by an AI (thus not affected by the rays) putsch
containing a genetically advanced human in cryo were launched into the outer reaches of the galaxy.
Their one objective was to locate a place suitable to establish a new human population on.

-200- years into the future from the annihilation  of the human population.
A planet covered in land and ocean, orange clouds wafted accross the forested landscapes.
A paradise.
On signal the AI launches the Pods towards the planets atmosphere, simultaneously begining to unfreaze the humans trapped in cryo.
The attmospheric presure was too stong, the Pods were knocked away from each other, spiraling down into the planet.

Pandemonium.

The core of the planet... froze? The molten mass of the inner planet became ice.
Simultaneously,  electronics everywhere are rendered inactive by an unknown force. Humans were nothing without their tools, which by now where entirely advanced- simple machines were a thing of the past.
Massive amounts of freezing core shrouded the planet in cold. Humanity was erased.

A colony on Mars had the foresight to release the machines that made up humanities contingency plan. Shortly thereafter, Mars suffered the fate of Earth.

Autonomous vessels sought a new human homeland. Milena passed.

When humanities new cradle was found, the vessels hurled themselves into the planet. Once lodged in the crust of a large continent, they proceded to thaw their most valuable cargo- the enhanced humans who would make up the new civilization. Genetic modification was banned by humans of the past, save this instance, the only time since the ancient AI wars. Cryogenicicaly frozen men and women sprung to life. Nearly immortal and ever virile, they set about creating a new population. They reversed their upgrades to a degree with their progeny, making them less omnipotent than these original colonists who became the Elders. Humanity proceeded in the land of the orange cloud. Time marched on.

Now, humanity finds themself victim to the same forces that froze their world of origin- but they can fight it. They have come to realize that the freezing occurs slowly, they still have time before the cataclysm repeats itself. Can they?
How long can the floor creak before it loses its voice?

Offline roobv

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 01:07:13 am
lol and i wanted to clarify one thing though im not sure if it shall be freezing of the core or it going out, (probably going out) but once that happens the earth would release certain harmful rays that would disrupt communication pacemakers ect. :p yah i know this plot needs alot of work but its just an overlay idea

Offline sk8m8trix

• and shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 04:41:32 am
they find sexy naked alien girls (redheads and asians) on the planet... and they live happily ever after
And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be, In Nomine Patris, Et Filii, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Offline Godslayer

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 02:46:45 pm
lol and i wanted to clarify one thing though im not sure if it shall be freezing of the core or it going out, (probably going out) but once that happens the earth would release certain harmful rays that would disrupt communication pacemakers ect. :p yah i know this plot needs alot of work but its just an overlay idea

That really makes no sense.
How long can the floor creak before it loses its voice?

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 03:18:28 pm
The core is made of iron, which is what makes Earth act as a giant magnet.  If the core went out, wouldn't there still be magnetism?  I wonder if the radiation belts around the Earth would still exist.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 02:47:55 pm
The core is made of iron, which is what makes Earth act as a giant magnet.  If the core went out, wouldn't there still be magnetism?  I wonder if the radiation belts around the Earth would still exist.

Probably not. Would be an interesting thing though. Our atmosphere would be blown away from solar winds, would take a while for that to happen though. We'd probably all die first from the direct effects of solar winds, not the after effects.

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 12:25:27 am
Whatever you do, study this article VERY carefully.
Then check out the rest of the site... it's fun.