AuthorTopic: Help with sprite  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Adrian

• View Profile

Help with sprite

on: November 14, 2006, 05:12:16 am
Hi everyone. This is my first post here..and my first work. I love to look at all your works, they are very good and interesting. Anyways, I was hoping for some critique on these sprites I am redoing for a game. I know they need a lot of work.

Yea.. the colors aren't quite right if you ask me. I'm just trying to get the best possible outcome with the best animation you can get in 2 frames. Please help!

//edit ptoing: Please don't make the images links, just remove the [url] tags
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 11:17:28 am by ptoing »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Re: Help with sprite

Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 05:36:43 am
here's a quick edit:

What i tried doing here is adding more contrast to the image, and I also tried to make the cape thing look more 3 dimensional, because the way you did the folds made it look a bit flat. I also took out some colors because they weren't doing much in the image, and I adjusted the face a bit to make it look more like a face.
hope this helps, and welcome to the forum!

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 05:44:19 am
Alex's edit was a good one.  The main issue here is contrast.  The low contrast in your image makes it appear as though the character is continually in shadow.  Mix up the values a bit to get more detail into the small sprite.  I would add even a bit more contrast to Alex's edit to show more form...I would have more of a difference in value from the top-to-bottom and inner-to-outer-edge.  Hope that made sense.  :P

What is that he has in his hand?  He's holding it like a cane, but it seems to be too short.

Offline st3ady

• i can has cheezburger?
    • View Profile
    • st3ady

Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 06:00:08 am
looks like a dagger to me, this is definitely a cool sprite :)
take heed to Alex's edit critique, looks much better like that. See if you can apply that to the rest of the movements.  :y: lookin' forward to more