AuthorTopic: [FEEDBACK] Assis  (Read 3031 times)

Offline tecnologgamer

• View Profile

[FEEDBACK] Assis

on: January 04, 2018, 07:03:06 pm
Hello Everyone!

This is my first character I made, I name him Assis.

I'm really big of Castlevania series, mainly Castlevania DS series with that character desing and I was inspired to make
character like that, especially with those fluids movement animations and I would like to know if this is good, if I have using to much colors, etc. This first version I made in 32x32 for practing using small pixels and help saves time.

Concept Art
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:48:56 pm by tecnologgamer »

Offline Zanorin

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/177874.htm
    • BasmatiPixel
    • View Profile

Re: [FEEDBACK] Assis

Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 07:11:54 pm
I think there's something wrong with your post, I can't see the image. Try uploading the image on imgur and putting the URL inside the img tags.
Half a noob figuring out stuff.

Offline tecnologgamer

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 07:50:06 pm
I think there's something wrong with your post, I can't see the image. Try uploading the image on imgur and putting the URL inside the img tags.

Sorry about that, I always upload the images in private because I kind of shy to show it. I think is works now.

Offline Zanorin

• BasmatiPixel
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 10:45:17 pm
See how you shaded the guy's clothes on the third image on the concept art, try to convey those shadows and highlights on your sprite.
Also I can't quite see the face of your sprite, it's like he's only got one eye and the rest of his face is covered in fur (?), I would try to make his face simpler. :)

Crappy edit with light coming from the top-right, shoulders a bit less hunched and an example of a somewhat simpler face (I tried to follow your concept art) :

Hope this helps a little.

Offline tecnologgamer

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 09:39:26 am
Thanks for helping me. I made this:

I follow some tips you have said, like I said before I was trying to make the character like the Castlevania character design, that why I did not want to put a face in there. Besides I've already notice his shoulders are to straight and was thinking who to down it.

Now about the light I was no planning to put in because I was planning to make character make some like this

It's a character from Bleach DS fighting games, I noticed the light in there adapted in any scenario even on nights on.

Offline Zanorin

• BasmatiPixel
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 05:53:06 pm
The character from Castlevania is a lot smaller than yours. Fewer pixels means fewer details, they didn't detail his face because they just couldn't (they did give him eyes actually). In your case your character is big enough to incorporate some details.

Now about the light I was no planning to put in because I was planning to make character make some like this
Your example from Bleach actually has quite a lot of shadows. When I talk about a "light" I just talk about a virtual "spotlight" that gives you the direction in which to place your shadows. In the case of the sprite from Bleach, the light seems to be coming from the top-right corner if I'm not mistaken.

Offline tecnologgamer

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 08:08:58 pm
I understand now. Thanks for help me improvement

Also, one last question. I see many arts does both lines, both are correct to use? I only using the left.

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 08:39:21 pm
The line on the right creates a "knot" in the line, and doesn't look smooth. This can be mitigated by using a different colour for the extra pixels, creating a smoothing anti-aliasing (AA) effect. Some artists also take advantage of the "knotty" look by using it for actual features in the image, such as areas where the line literally widens, or where other lines connect to the line. In many cases, however, that look is just a mistake on the artist's part.

Offline tecnologgamer

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 08:49:19 pm
I see,

Thanks for help!