AuthorTopic: [OC] [C+C] Please critique my latest piece! (it's a logo)  (Read 2444 times)

Offline wkhalidman2

• View Profile
Hi guys, please critique my latest piece, a logo for an imaginary bank called griffin corp!

Offline RemboRage

• View Profile

Re: [OC] [C+C] Please critique my latest piece! (it's a logo)

Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 08:41:32 am
to give a good critique on a logo you really should tell more about your fictive company.
besides of that i would say there is lot going on in your logo. in my opinion thers going on too much in this logo.
One of the biggest rules when it comes to logo design and design in general is K.I.S.S. It is an abbreviation for Keep It Simple and Stupid, means you should try to simplify as far as possible without loosing the basic idea.
related to your logo it could make sense to simplify the shapes and colours: does the circle really needs an outline(maybe a transparent shadow would look better and not as intrusive as a bold black outline)? does the bird really need this furry look? you ever saw a beak with teeth?
you also could use less colours. instead of 10 coulors you could use 4 or 5, and may switch them into a more contrasting combination.

in the links below some of the basic contrasts and harmonys are listed.
you should really know about them when you start designing a logo.
http://www.loveofgraphics.com/graphicdesign/color/colorcontrast/
http://www.tigercolor.com/color-lab/color-theory/color-harmonies.htm

and you dont have to pre zoom your work because pixelation allows you to zoom in your pictures with right clicking on them. You also should upload your work next time as a .png to make sure somebody can make a quick edit to visualize what he means.

greetings remborage  :)

Offline wkhalidman2

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 05:17:20 pm
Okay, thanks for the comments! I probably won't post the corrections, as I've already started working on a next project. However, I'll take your K.I.S.S. advice into consideration the next time I attempt something like this.

Offline Hunited

• Post-ironic is the new authentic.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 01:22:51 am
I'd like to refer you to the forum rules.
If you post in the critique section it is but common courtesy to take other people's advice to your 'paper'.
In fact, you'll learn more by editing old works rather than just skipping to a new one. Also, try uploading your pictures at 100% resolution, where every pixel is displayed as just a single pixel, because the forum has built-in enlarging.

Apart from that, I'd reduce the dithering if I were you, it seems rather pointless at this scale and you could try simplifying the picture, or go the other way and increase the resolution and get in more juicy details if you want it to be this big.

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 04:24:01 am
Need more information to critique effectively