AuthorTopic: who is this pokemon  (Read 2799 times)

Offline Melodee

• omg
    • jarajaramelon
    • beardedgrandma
    • Jara de Nooijer
    • View Profile

who is this pokemon

on: December 19, 2017, 02:24:31 pm
hello most people don't know what this is supposed to be sooooo please tell me what you think it is

Offline Curly

• View Profile

Re: who is this pokemon

Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 02:36:37 pm
An umbrella sword :)
It could be a bit cleaner and nicer without so many little details and single pixels.

Offline Melodee

• omg
    • jarajaramelon
    • beardedgrandma
    • Jara de Nooijer
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 02:42:02 pm
would you mind giving it an edit because i feel like it can be improved a lot but i don't know exactly how and i want to see how someone else would do it.

Offline questseeker

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 10:17:08 am
I know it isn't useful advice, but have you considered applying this complicated and weird style to something similar to Rorschach ink blots, making lack of understandability a strength?

Regarding corrections, the only unambiguous problem I can see is the incoherence between shading the purple and pink widest part in the middle with a light source from the top but leaving everything else strictly symmetrical and flat.
Shading with consistent light sources would be appropriate for large and natural shapes (probably the better choice if you target pokémon-like creatures), and flat symmetry would be appropriate for small and abstract shapes.

Offline Curly

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 05:35:01 pm
Well it's hard to edit because I don't know what the object is, but I cleaned it a bit.

Didn't change the colors (Edit: I actually changed the yellow so it had some more contrast with the darker one), but I added a third yellow color for the middle part for separating each yellow stripe (it looks like crap but I'll leave it like that) because I'm not a fan of "outlines" inside the sprite.
The part where the yellow arrow is pointing to looked weird because there were more outline than actual object (I don't mean it can't work, but in this case I think you can make it a bit bigger so it looks better).
I changed the single pixels in the handle to simple shapes so it doesn't look so noisy and added a bit of autoaliasing to some other parts but I didn't put a lot of thought to it :lol:

I'd like to know what it's supposed to be. I guess I don't know it because I would recognise it, but I'm curious about it.

Offline Melodee

• omg
    • jarajaramelon
    • beardedgrandma
    • Jara de Nooijer
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 12:01:29 pm
wow!! this looks so much better!! thanks a lot! well, it's supposed to be a dagger XDD

Offline Hunited

• Post-ironic is the new authentic.
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: December 24, 2017, 01:15:35 am
It looks more like some kind of wand to me, try suggesting sharp edges on the blade with high contrast highlighted edges.