AuthorTopic: Help with Hair Movement and shading  (Read 2652 times)

Offline B-Rokal

• I'll Cross-stitch for food
    • View Profile

Help with Hair Movement and shading

on: December 17, 2017, 12:23:26 am

Well... that is, to tell me what's wrong with the hair ._. thanks for the help :D

Offline DTE462

• View Profile

Re: Help with Hair Movement and shading

Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 03:03:09 pm
I think one problem is the two segments of hair at the front are moving too much and/or moving as one piece. They seem like separate parts of the rest of the hair. Maybe make the top of those segments move with the head and give only the bottom tips the bounce.

Offline legiaoru

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 05:15:51 pm
 I think the hair should turn around with the head.

Offline B-Rokal

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 05:51:36 pm

Edited Bangs so it sticks more to the hair and it is now more clear that the hair follows the direction of the head

Still, i think it looks awful and i donīt know why :'(

Offline Siskan

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 06:12:16 pm
Imagine what happens when someone falls or jumps down from a height. The hair stands and falls down with a delay as you land. Running like your character does creates a less extreme effect like that. You've recreated it fairly well on the back, but the front bangs should perhaps behave a bit like flapping wings. The top of the hair on the other hand probably shouldn't bounce like it does now at all.

In one frame the outline is two pixels wide on the back, it stands out too much and creates a blinking effect. As for the anti-aliasing on the top of the head, it should look better if you reduce the double pixel ones to just one as well.

Offline B-Rokal

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 07:12:48 pm

I think i'm happy with this one, REALLY THANK YOU GUYS :D
I know is far from perfect but I canīt stick to just one animation, I have to move on with the rest, if the mistakes are too obvious or ruins the piece entirely and I should REALLY change it, please make me know (I donīt want to embarrass myself :( )