AuthorTopic: [WIP] Human Figure  (Read 2720 times)

Offline B-Rokal

• I'll Cross-stitch for food
    • View Profile

[WIP] Human Figure

on: November 11, 2017, 06:50:18 pm
So, while making my shooter game, I also like to make pieces for other game ideas I have, just for the sake of practice.

So one of them is a soccer game (I will think of something creative later XD)

So, I made this for the "kit selection".

This is one of the first times I work on human figure and one of the biggest sprites I have made, the style is supossed to be "animesque", I know the right hand sucks, if you can tell me how can I improve it, or if I should totally dedicate myself to unrealistic stuff XD

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: [WIP] Human Figure

Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 10:59:03 pm
I recommend drawing the full figure even if you only use a part of it. It's easier to make sure the proportions work that way.

The hands are very small, and the palms are tiny relative even to the already-tiny hands. The palms are quite long, often as long as the fingers, and the transition between the narrow wrist and the widest part of the hand is quite smooth as a result.

The black line between the sleeve and the torso goes up rather high, making the arm look like it's barely attached to the torso.

The frontal lighting makes the figure look rather flat. I recommend having the light come from somewhere other than the front. If you need the sprite to be flippable without lighting mismatches, have the light come from above.

Offline B-Rokal

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 11:55:46 pm
All right, the changes don't look like big deal then, is just the hands and the arm, right?

Because what is important in the sprite is the chest I put the light in that part, im also kind of limited to use only one color for the shading.

Also, not sure if important, but I was based of phoenix wright for the body shape.

Anyway, thanks a lot :D

Offline B-Rokal

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 05:04:05 pm
Is this one better? :)

EDIT:
Not sure if this hand shading is better or worse...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 05:08:17 pm by B-Rokal »

Offline B-Rokal

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 03:14:23 am

Well, I added a head, I think this piece can serve various other purposes other that the kit selection, I think it looks weird but I can't exactly put my finger on what doens't work...

EDIT: I f***d up the upload, sorry :P
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 03:16:18 am by B-Rokal »

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 07:26:25 am
hand is too small and wrist is way too small