AuthorTopic: TMNT Leonardo  (Read 5131 times)

Offline RixNDishes

• View Profile
    • Revoke

TMNT Leonardo

on: November 11, 2006, 05:47:17 am
Hello everyone

I recently decided to pixel Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, so I started by doing my favorite one, Leonardo. I'm quite new to pixel art so I would really appreciate your comments, especially about my pixeling technique. I'm not so good with palettes, so I would like to know what you think about this piece. Thanks!

Offline st3ady

• i can has cheezburger?
    • View Profile
    • st3ady

Re: TMNT Leonardo

Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 03:38:24 pm
nice job, looks really good  :y:
my only crit would be his hand on the ground looks like a foot, maybe make the fingers skinnier

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 03:50:53 pm
there isn't much to complain about the shading, choice of colours and the pose except the thing with the fingers but st3ady already mentioned that.

By the way: Doesn't Leonardo actually have 2 swords?
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 06:39:11 pm
Leonardo does have 2 swords, but then again that wasn't part of the FF7 lineart someone did in the lineart thread that has this exact same pose.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 07:14:36 pm
dogmeat: first of all, in that lineart, the feet are in different positions, as well as the hand. secondly, why are you jumping to such conclusions, they could have been satisfied by the question" did you use this image(show image) as a reference for your piece?"

Offline RixNDishes

• View Profile
    • Revoke

Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 08:46:34 pm
First of all thanks for the replies. That's what I thought about the hand on the ground, it does look more like a foot. But I can say in my defense that turtles' hands are feet ;) I'll edit it anyways to make it skinnier.

As for the pose, I went to the lineart thread and look for the FF7 lineart, and was surprise how its pose look similar to mine. I can assure you I didn't take the FF pose as a reference, but I must say they look alike. I guess its a classic pose for someone with a sword in his hand. My only reference for my art is: http://www.ninjaturtles.com/html/profile2.htm

I didn't put the second sword because I mainly forgot about it, and when I realized that, I didn't know where to put it because his second hand is on the ground...

EDIT: I've done the edit on the hand:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 10:13:18 pm by RixNDishes »

Offline Inderos

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 10:25:41 pm
Leonardo does have 2 swords, but then again that wasn't part of the FF7 lineart someone did in the lineart thread that has this exact same pose.

You sure have been trying pretty hard lately. Nice try, but the only way you're going to not look like a douchebag is if you be nice once in awhile. No one's going to think "Oh, Dogmeat caught that person plagiarizing, I don't mind that he's an ass."

I don't post much, but I read the board everyday and all I see you contributing Dogmeat are accusations left and right like you're trying desperately to save some face by making others look bad.

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 09:17:36 pm
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 09:49:45 pm by Dogmeat »
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 09:53:56 pm
Dogmeat! That's completely unacceptable. If there's a problem, tell a moderator. Whether your point can be justified or not, it is not necessary that you do so in a rude manner. You're temporarily banned.

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 10:20:56 pm
Much better!
Now you could draw the second sword on his back, he has 2 sheats there if I'm correct.
Just for the sake of completeness ;)
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix