Poll

What best describes your interest or time spent playing video games?

Serious
Moderate
Small
No interest
Dislike games, love pixels!

AuthorTopic: Gamer Poll  (Read 15270 times)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Re: Gamer Poll

Reply #20 on: November 10, 2006, 06:42:59 pm
Well I dunno, I for my part can't help to always wonder how stuff is being done, even when I play it. And playing gives more insight than just reading reviews and such. Of course you need not play games to make games, but I also do not see how it would change what you would do. Of course it can inspire you to do something some way you would have not done it, but it's not like you have to copy something just because you played it. That's a silly generalisation, imo.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: November 10, 2006, 07:46:12 pm
im hardly a gamer, although i do liek playing a good rpg once in a while, and i used to play Red Faction and BF2 all the time online
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 12:16:23 am
I liek relic games. Homeworld, HW2, Dawn of War. Used to play fighters, but most 13 year old asian kids can beast me now.

Offline pixelblink

• View Profile
    • pixeljoint

Reply #23 on: November 11, 2006, 03:19:30 am
GTA 4 doesn't exist for more than a year : nov 17 2007
GTA 5 doesn't exist period.

I think you  mean the different storylines built off the GTA3 engine: vice city, san andreas.

San Andreas is by far, the best GTA ever, hands down, nuff said :)

The screenshots for GTA4 look insane and sick, too bad the PS3 is going to bomb.
GTA4, is actually Vice City in my eyes. It's the fourth game to come out of that series - GTA5 being San Andreas. Dunno why you need to be so stringent and technical on the titles. In any case, I still wanna upgrade to play GTA5 (San Andreas).

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 03:42:26 am
Oh really?

Why is rockstar calling the next one "GTA 4" ?

You must be right, and them wrong :)
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline pixelblink

• View Profile
    • pixeljoint

Reply #25 on: November 11, 2006, 03:53:33 am
Dogmeat: I never said you were wrong and I was right. Get your head out of your ass.  ::) Seems you just like pushing buttons though, so I don't expect much from you.  :lol:

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #26 on: November 11, 2006, 03:57:02 am
just chill guys, GTA isn't worth discussing, let alone fight over
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: November 11, 2006, 05:55:13 am
Not much of a gamer. Used to be when I was younger. I haven't gamed it up in about a year. It's pretty sad too, mainly cause I'm only 20. I feel like my innocence has been stolen from me by adulthood, and my apathy has been growing immensely on all ends. Oh well. If I do play, I just hook up my dreamcast system, and put in my NES and SNES roms and have a go at some old school games. (Mega man, Chrono Trigger, and I still haven't beat Super Ghouls and Ghosts. Just an example of how pathetic I am at video games...) I don't know why, it's just these new games coming out in the market just turn me off completely. I look at them and think, "What the hell is everyone so hyped up about? The graphics on X console seem to be no different than it's older counterpart. That and it's the SAME F***ING CONCEPT AS 50 OTHER GAMES IN IT'S GENRE..." I still read up on gaming magazines just to see if anything new and amazing is coming out to really make me buy some $300-500 priced game console. None at the moment...I put no interest in the poll by the way(screw the voter anonymous crap)
my back hurts...

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Reply #28 on: November 11, 2006, 11:51:08 am
I used to be a really hardcore gamer (I used to be ranked #6th MGS2 player in Europe (tanker speedrun) in the official rankings), playing day and night, mostly RPGs, but I suddenly stopped when I started making games.
Now, I still buy cheap games from time to time but I never finish it...I play once or twice saying "Whaa, this game is excellent" and then I don't play it again...games don't attract me anymore :/

Offline Keops

• RibsChirino
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/189965.htm
    • View Profile
    • Behance portfolio

Reply #29 on: November 11, 2006, 05:03:33 pm
Moderate. I used to play a lot more before. But with college, work, girlfriend, various hobbies, there's less and less time to play games, although I still love them. I'm more interested in making them than playing them at the moment, too, but I still love to play with my console and PC. Games are like, my life heh
Hearthstead: Art thread - Website - Twitter

COMMISSIONS OPEN! Behance portfolio