AuthorTopic: Male Sprite. Critique Needed  (Read 7105 times)

Offline Melodee

• omg
    • jarajaramelon
    • beardedgrandma
    • Jara de Nooijer
    • View Profile

Re: Male Sprite. Critique Needed

Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 04:26:38 pm
the walking cycle looks really good!! i wouldn't call you a beginner tbh, i would say you are more average seeing what you did so far o-o have you seen real beginners? XDD well, if you meant with beginner that you just started you are pretty good! anyway, i think i have a reference, it's a pretty shitty one but it does show how the head is supposed to be: https://orig00.deviantart.net/d620/f/2015/096/6/0/my_habbo_character__by_alvaroshi-d8op2dy.png

edit: i also took a closer look at the reference and the side views for my own game which also have a 3/4 view. 2 eyes need to be shown, but the left eye some smaller. i will put the side view of one of the characters of my own game here for you to see, i think this is a better reference. for the hair, i think it needs to be redone a too but sadly i can't find a reference with the same hair in 3/4 view. i am not sure though, maybe it would work with just the face. good luck and please show your progress. i am really curious.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 04:34:18 pm by Melodee »

Offline Sammy

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: December 21, 2017, 10:27:31 pm
I'm so glad to hear it looks good :) That's right, it's not a long time since I started working on sprites.

Thanks for the references you provided. I figured where I made the mistake. I'll update it and will come back shortly when it's fixed. :P

Offline Sammy

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: December 25, 2017, 02:56:19 pm
Hi again! This is how I fixed the sprite. How is it this time?

Offline Melodee

• omg
    • jarajaramelon
    • beardedgrandma
    • Jara de Nooijer
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: December 25, 2017, 05:11:00 pm
i think this is really good!! i don't think there's anything else that needs fixing :D