AuthorTopic: Low poly model kit Thundremoar  (Read 6483 times)

Offline Grundy

• Sup!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

Low poly model kit Thundremoar

on: November 14, 2017, 02:34:15 pm
Hi!

I'm a game artist and toymaker.
My latest finished project is this paper tank model kit Thundremoar. Inspired on Thundercats' Thundertank.

Designing and making these from scratch was much harder than I anticipated. I don't work with Pepakura or other 3D tools because I like the challenge of using a 2D layout to conceive a 3D object. If that makes any sense. The whole thing was designed in 2D using PS and AI. Then they are machine cut by a knife plotter. It was a lot of puzzling but I am happy it's here.

I sell these (and other) kits on Etsy.

:)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:40:30 am by Grundy »

Offline Grundy

• Sup!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

Re: Low poly model kit Thundremoar

Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 01:40:37 am
I made some new ones that are smaller and available for home print. https://www.etsy.com/listing/558363542/papercraft-low-poly-tank-thundermoar-diy?ref=shop_home_feat_3

« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:44:49 am by Grundy »

Offline Cherno

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 01:36:55 pm
Great models! I'm glad to see you decided to color the edges on the later photos. It really adds to the quality.

The background scenery is also top-notch, like something right of an 80s toy catalogue!

Offline Grundy

• Sup!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 12:49:17 pm
Great models! I'm glad to see you decided to color the edges on the later photos. It really adds to the quality.

The background scenery is also top-notch, like something right of an 80s toy catalogue!

Thank you! That was my goal! The scenery is self made. Much simpler as I expected.
Yo know it's really freaky that I only get to check this site once every 6 months and I see you replied YESTERDAY! :D