AuthorTopic: CodeStory requiring Graphic Artists  (Read 2626 times)

Offline Dupletor

• View Profile

CodeStory requiring Graphic Artists

on: November 04, 2017, 08:47:33 pm
Greetings.

We have been developing a project for about 6 months, and we truly need your help for this...

We are developing a self-scient RPG. That means, a world in which the player plays as a character and the other characters are aware of and question about their own existence.
The idea runs around the Turing Test, which says:
"If a human can't identify wether what he talks to is human or robot, then the robot passes this test."
Long story short, the intention is that not only the characters of this world pass through it, but they actually try to do something to understand and improve their existence, on their own.
That is why we required so much time before being able to actually start mapping the world and characters. The entirety of gameplay, mechanics and intelligence was being developed so that we could put stuff in the world.

I am the main developer and programmer of this game.

The art that has been developed so far has the sole purpose of testing new interaction and battle systems we developed. So we basically have test buttons, items, portals, systems and an 8-directional prototype of the main character.
We do, however, have interested teams for music and sounds that require graphics for best work. You are the missing key for world, life and everything.

This is the prototyped main character.

He doesn't talk much though.

We also have a self-scient rock, that knows it is a rock and knows it should not move, because it is a rock. Say hi to rockie!

hi...

Yes. This is how bad my pixel art is. This is why we need you.

After 5 months of research about philosophy, alchemy and mythology references, this world can break the fourth wall so hard people will say a fifth wall was broken. Also, the Lore is as dense as one can get.
This project has been inspired by Undertale, and as such we look for artists that would like to be part of a project at least as dense and complex.

We need people good at developing music and pixel art (2 of each). I deal with the programming, and am currently trying to insert 2 other people on the project, resulting a team of 7 people for now.

"Is it paid?"

Yes. But this project does not have the required resources to pay you for its entirety.
However, we don't intend to make the entire project with the current resources, nor we intend that the artists are not very well rewarded. So this is how it is planned, but we can make different deals.

We need artists so we can make a Demo of around 10% of the entire thing, and 60% of the interactive systems.
We will put the Demo on kickstarter, so we see if it is viable.
If we can't have everything required for the entire game, you will be rewarded for the Demo.
If we can, you have an evenly distributed part of everything we ever earn from the full version.

However, if you put being paid over making part of a good project, don't worry. You will not be part of it. We want a competent team for making a great game, not employees.

For the Demo, I could put it in the Paid section. However, I value the work of people in this section more for reliability as a team.

Oh, and we received a response from Toby Fox himself. He wants to play the Demo and wishes good luck. It is not such a blind project after all.  :P
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 10:30:37 pm by Dupletor »

Offline Acrontoff

• View Profile

I want to work with you

Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 07:32:38 pm
Hi, my name is Acron, 16, and im a pixel artist working to get on the game development course.
I really dont care about the money. Your project looks awesome and i would gladly work on it without any payment at any point.
I have a website for a little game im working on: https://hollowino.com/
Email me so i can send you my portifolio. acrontoff@hotmail.com
This is a huge opportunity for me.

With love,
Acron.