AuthorTopic: In Between Games / Second Pixel Artist needed!  (Read 3178 times)

Offline Alexandress

• View Profile

In Between Games / Second Pixel Artist needed!

on: November 03, 2017, 09:34:58 am
Hello! This is my second thread on this forum about my game; In Between Games! We really progressed on the game since last time!
You can access the first thread here if you wish : https://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=23144.0

If you read the title correctly, you're wondering why I said we needed a second pixel artist on the game; ARandomLake is still working with me on the game, but he is overloaded with sprites to do, so finding a second artist to help would be awesome! But first...

What is my game about?

It is about "Alex" a little boy who loves video-games! One night, while he was playing as the storm rages outside, he got his mind and body transfered into his console and TV. To get out he has to take the place of his beloved heroes : Nario, Pegaman and Lonic and beat the levels!
It is a 2D Platformer which will pay tribute to the old Super Mario World/Sonic/ Megaman NES.
You can access the game on gamejolt here : https://gamejolt.com/games/InBetweenGames/263869#close (It still lacks lot of graphics, and sounds fx but those are still being worked on! However the main gameplay basics are here.)
I also plan to sell this game on Steam later on for 0.99$ on Windows/MAC.

Who is working on that project?

We are currently five working on the game.

I am myself, the developper of the game (Using Clickteam Fusion 2.5). I programmed everything from A to Z, I did also a bit of everything, sprites, sounds fx...

We also have an artist called Aura working on drawings for the main screen, the story... (She is actually finished with her job!)
Example of her work :

There is also ARandomLake, who is a talented Pixel Artist from here!
Example of his work :

We also have two sound guys! If you want to listen to their song, give it a try on the playlist from Gamejolt : https://gamejolt.com/games/InBetweenGames/263869#close (Except level 2)

What am I looking for here?

As the title says, I'm looking for a second Pixel Artist here, to help ARandomLake with the overload of work. He is about to finish the sprites from the first three levels, but there is still seven levels to go!
I would like the artist to be able to match ARandomLake's style, so you don't see any differences in game.

I'm asking for someone who can make Pixel Art sprites of monsters similar to Goombas or Gutsman Boss from Megaman. As an example I need someone to be able to make a sprite similar to this :

I will always ask for a walking animations and nothing else (except for exceptions like a throwing animations for the monster above).
I will also ask for similar background like the mountains from Gutsman Stage or the background in Megaman's boss room.

Interested?

If you're interested, great! As long as you're motivated, I'll accept you! This is no easy task :P
I want you to play the demo first to catch the mood the game. I would also prefer if you're familiar to the old Megaman/Sonic/Mario games but that is not necessary. If you want to contact me feel free to send me an e-mail with your portfolio or any sprites you've made in the past / or anything like questions you have.
Once you're accepted you'll be in direct contact with me and ARandomLake! :D

Links :

Mail : alexandress12355@hotmail.com
Play the game : http://gamejolt.com/games/InBetweenGames/263869#close

Offline Alexandress

• View Profile

Re: In Between Games / Second Pixel Artist needed!

Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 07:43:16 pm
A second artist is still needed!  ;D

Offline Alexandress

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 08:03:29 pm
The main artist; ARandomLake left the team!
However another artist joined the team aswell, "searhere" !

So we start from scratch; we still need one artist! :D

Offline alimakesdrawings

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 01:30:17 pm
I'm Ali and I want to be that second artist, I've sent you an email.