AuthorTopic: Pixels and your health  (Read 7396 times)

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Re: Pixels and your health

Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 08:54:23 pm
I'm old, ( almost 30 ) and I've found that if i'm not in the most extremely relaxed position I will begin to have severe neck pain. It takes me a good 5 minutes just to prepare for my pixeling activity. I always find myself leaning into the screen if I don't pay attention. I destroyed my eyes this way and I now have to wear glasses whenever I use a computer because the light from the screen causes my eyes to get extremely tired at a very rapid rate otherwise.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline AdamTierney

• View Profile
    • Adam's Page

Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 07:02:18 pm
I only tablet to rough art out (if then). Using a tablet for everything will indeed hurt your arm.

- Adam

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 07:38:40 pm
how does use a tablet for everything hurt your arm? You dont always have to move the whole arm do you? You can only move your fingers, your wrist, or your arm depending what you are doing.

I use the tablet for EVERYTHING, including the windows interface. My mouse is collectiong dust.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 11:17:39 pm
Using a tablet is better for your arm and wrist than using a mouse. There's an ergonomic study on Wacom's website that you should check out. It's 10x more comfortable and healthy to use a tablet for hours on end than it is to use a mouse.

I like my tablet so much, I'm eventually going to pony up the money and get one of these bad boys.

Offline Frychiko

• Don't waste garbage here.
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 12:00:51 am
Using a computer everyday (ok, I went outside somteimes) since I was 6 or so has resulted in my eyes turning into jelly, so I've had to wear glasses since I was 17 (I held out as long as possible). Using the mouse to pixel sounds so painful. I still use the mouse for everything besides art though.
Congratulation this story is happy end. Thank you. - Ghost & Goblins

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 12:09:07 am
Using a computer everyday (ok, I went outside somteimes) since I was 6 or so has resulted in my eyes turning into jelly, so I've had to wear glasses since I was 17 (I held out as long as possible). Using the mouse to pixel sounds so painful. I still use the mouse for everything besides art though.

I think you have to blame your genes there. Some people have a disposition to get their eyes fucked up.

I got my first computer when I was 8 and i used It pretty much every day from then on more or less, with the ocassional breaks of going on holiday and since 2 years I work at a computer for 8-12 hours each day (at work and home) and my eyes are perfectly fine.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Frychiko

• Don't waste garbage here.
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 06:16:01 am
Lucky you.
Congratulation this story is happy end. Thank you. - Ghost & Goblins