AuthorTopic: Anatomy?  (Read 15381 times)

Offline Macks

• View Profile

Re: Anatomy?

Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 11:37:46 am
I am absolutely certain that that is false.
Some people are more genetically predisposed to having "abs" but this does not entail them actually possessing them. When someone is said to have abs, it implies that they have significant muscular strength and a lack of "belly fat".  All humans(Of a certain gender at least) have identical muscle structures unless altered by some deformity.
In the case of the abdominal muscles, it looks a bit like this.

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 01:03:11 pm
  Hmm. I coulda' sworn that I read some study on the net about the number of abs in the human body. I remember reading particular cases where some people were genetically predisposed to have more abs underneath the layer of fat in their belly, mainly cause I was interested in that part of the anatomy at that time. Must have been false statements I guess. But at the moment, my vigorous searching of google, and yahoo has proven nothing. So I guess if I have no proof, there is no validity in my original post. No need for the executioner, I suppose.
   As for the art itself, the pose looks mighty strange, but that shouldn't matter really. In fact the only issue I'm having is that if the doodle is a "he", than he has some womanly hips going on. Also he's looking a little top heavy. His legs, especially from the knees down, seem smaller than usual. Maybe in a cartoony way this could probably pass, but I need to see more where this is going in order to crit a bit more.
   Sorry about the confusion though...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 01:24:40 pm by The B.O.B. »
my back hurts...

Offline robotriot

• Tubby mechanical friend
    • View Profile
    • robotriot

Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 01:32:11 pm
German Wikipedia says the amount of horizontal divisons of the abs varies between zero and four, depeding on the person. So it is possible to have a "ten-pack".
WELCOME TO BATTLE SQUADRON

Offline big brother

• herculeanpixel.com
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Site

Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 04:17:58 pm
* poof * The ab wizard appears. On second thought, please do not call me that. Let us never refer to this again.

For the number of abs, Ryumaru's piece seems correct, as long as the navel appears just below (or close to below) the six-pack. The vesalius reference picture looks incorrect, unless we do have a hidden top pair of abs tucked away under our pecs.

I've never seen 10-pack abs before. And believe you me, I set aside one day a week to peruse abdominal photos on Google Image search. Oh my.

There are some genetic variations on their shape (they can look to interlock or seem wider apart), but I'm pretty sure everyone has the same number of muscles. I guess that it could look like you have fewer abs based on your body fat composition, but not more than 8.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 08:09:37 pm
what b.o.b is probably thinking about is this thing that seperates the muscles. there is only one mucle, the rectus abdominus, or something of the sort, and there is something that divides it into the seperate muscles. perhaps this division can change depending on the person?

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 09:55:30 pm
my spetmom, an occupational theropist, said that while shes seen different visible patterns based on fat and exercise and a number of other factors, the muscle itself has a set number of subdividisions creating the six-pack in all humans.  any other number, though it is possible to see, is not the actual muscle...so i guess you are all right?
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 10:29:13 pm
Sure, maybe some people can have more abs, but some people can also have arms longer than normal down to their knees. I doubt you want to set that as a standard for anatomy though. So sure, maybe it is possible to have more abs, but maybe we should stick to the average anatomy of a person, and not the exceptions?

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 11:31:24 pm
Well said. Was just surprized to see wrong ab charts.

Offline Nix

• when life throws you pixels.. make pixelade
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: November 10, 2006, 11:23:29 pm
Havmt Edited the abs and arms yet but im going to completely redraw the arms.

i just wnated some c&c. on how im shading the body. is this a nice skin tine to use? and is it correclty aa'd?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 11:27:02 pm by Nix »
Nixel Art

Offline Terley

• Terley is King, but he needs a new avatar.
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: November 10, 2006, 11:29:20 pm
knee is too low, I'd suggest fixing the anatomy while it still isn't too much hastle.
I've not got anything interesting to type here..