AuthorTopic: flim00001's portfolio  (Read 16349 times)

Offline flim00001

• View Profile
    • Illusion Gaming Forum

flim00001's portfolio

on: November 08, 2006, 08:59:24 pm
hey all. im a ok pixel artist in search of paid, only PAID, projects. i sprite in cartoonish or anime styles. i have some examples here such as illusion gaming logo and others. here is:

illsuion gaming logo

my urban screen

my urban into movie

a building

a sword

i hope these examples help you in hiring me. im still a little underexperienced but if ya give me a good enough project then ill gain experience fast!! thanx all.

flim
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 03:54:52 pm by flim00001 »
illsuion gaming is currently for members. if your interested check out the forum at my website/forum.

Offline Mykola

• View Profile

Re: flim00001's resmue

Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 09:29:47 pm
Is this some kind of joke? :D

It's understood that you can't wait to start working on paid, PAID only projects, but you could at least type the thread title right..
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 09:35:22 pm by Mykola »

Offline flim00001

• View Profile
    • Illusion Gaming Forum

Re: flim00001's portfolio

Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 03:55:32 pm
heh sry bout that. but are my sprites ok or do they suck? this is what i need to kno that way i can get employed.
illsuion gaming is currently for members. if your interested check out the forum at my website/forum.

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 04:17:09 pm
heh sry bout that. but are my sprites ok or do they suck? this is what i need to kno that way i can get employed.

If you want an honest answer: Your sprites heavily lack in quality.
I hardly believe anyone would want to pay you after seeing that portfolio so get better first.
Just look at almost everything else floating around on this board and then look at your work.

but if ya give me a good enough project then ill gain experience fast!!

Wrong way.
Get experience on your own, then offer your skills.
You're quite naive to think that a 'good enough project' (WHATEVER you mean by that) alone will help you improve your pixel skills.
And -by the way- are you even old enough to receive payment?
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline flim00001

• View Profile
    • Illusion Gaming Forum

Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 04:47:12 pm
heh wand what is the age for that young child?

Offline Frychiko

• Don't waste garbage here.
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 11:28:02 pm
This was the level of art I was doing when I was probably seven years of age, you definitely need to build your skills for several years at least.
Also in every sentence you've typed you've made many many many spelling mistakes, which is just not acceptable in any situation really. Any employer is going to be turned off instantly, not to mention the average viewer.
Congratulation this story is happy end. Thank you. - Ghost & Goblins

Offline pkmays

• dawn patrole mole
    • View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 04:02:35 am
lol?

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 11:38:56 am
I don't think it's impossible for you to find a project, but that said, I'm pretty sure most game programmers will be about as good or better, so you're pretty much last in line.

Please, spend some time participating on the forum. I'm sure with enough practice you'll be able to put a better portfolio together. Good luck!  :y:

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 11:47:43 am
I have a question for you to ask yourself; would you buy/play a game with this kind of quality?
Honestly, I wouldn't. You still have a very long ways to go before you can ask payment for your work and get away with it.

Just keep on practising though. The Pixel Art section of this board is a good place to get very good criticism on your work for improvement.
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 12:11:10 pm
EEK! me thinks you need to hang around here for a few years and read every single thread... Read up on art & design. Practice Practice and Practice some more...

10 out of 10 for enthusiasm I'll give you that - but you really have to see that this work is dreadfully poor - sorry to be so harsh - but I'm being brutally honest... If you want to cut it in this world of gaming then you need more than enthusiasm alone. Talent and skills go a long way too - and fortuanatly can be learnt... I get the impression you're fairly young so I suggest you get those books out buddy, sharpen your pencil... and get studying... you've got a long way to climb.

Good luck.
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com