AuthorTopic: [C+C] [WIP] Problem with colour - Pixelart Character -  (Read 1575 times)

Offline Peek

• Learning C# and pixel-art.
    • View Profile

[C+C] [WIP] Problem with colour - Pixelart Character -

on: October 15, 2017, 12:48:02 am
Hello,
I'm having a problem with colour in this character.

First of all, feel free to critique any of this  ;D. Its the same character in different outfits and positions.
Now, the problem is that as the character is supposed to be in a 'cold enviroment', I wanted to draw him with his arms crossed (the character on the right) like if he was freezing, but as you can see, it can be difficult to distinguish between the arms and the sweater as their colours look pretty similar. Any suggestions?  ???

I tried fixing it by adding a shadow to separate the sweater and the arms but I think his arms look flat with the shadow. Here's a comparison:

Finally, I've been trying to add a rope to the character (just like the first character, in the first image, has a pickage) but I don't know where to place the rope. You can see I kind of try to put it in his hips but it just looks too tiny to be a rope. Again, any suggestions?

Thanks, Peek.

Offline Robbie Harrison

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] [WIP] Problem with colour - Pixelart Character -

Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 03:09:20 am
I guess I shouldn't be legitimately criticize since i'm a noob, but here's what I think :

When people shiver, they tend to retract their neck and lift their shoulder, it'd add some motion to your drawing.
Then, you should probable add some shadow below the arms, to add some depth,
and i'd make the arms slimmer, they look kinda big.

Here, as I said I may be out of the mark, but i'd how I see it ^^ Hope it help at least a little !

Ps : Quick edit to show my point :