AuthorTopic: Help - Loose clothing in low-res.  (Read 5503 times)

Offline Hunited

• Post-ironic is the new authentic.
    • View Profile

Re: Help - Loose clothing in low-res.

Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 01:26:54 pm
On the red version the darker shade is nearly indistinguishable and on the black version the contrast is too high for cloth, try a more subtle change there.

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 04:50:19 pm
I think the contrast is fine on the black one (at least zoomed out), though I agree it's too low on the red one.

More importantly though, you're repeating the same problem as before - you don't seem to be thinking about the body underneath the fabric, or the structure of the garment. Folds are the result of forces on the cloth - gravity, wind, etc pulling it in some direction(s), and the body holding it in place.

Offline Robbie Harrison

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 18, 2017, 11:14:10 pm
you don't seem to be thinking about the body underneath the fabric, or the structure of the garment. Folds are the result of forces on the cloth - gravity, wind, etc pulling it in some direction(s), and the body holding it in place.

I agree, but as much as I try I cannot "see" the body behind the clothing. As i said I will keep working on it, but I just wanted to give a last update before leaving you guys alone :)

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Reply #13 on: October 18, 2017, 11:43:22 pm
Try blocking in the body without clothing first, then drawing the clothing over it. The shoulders, the chest, the buttocks, and the elbows are common areas where the cloth is pulled by the body because they protrude from it, you're likely to see some indication of them even in loose clothing.

Offline Vinik

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: October 22, 2017, 03:48:06 am
quick edit with contrast/palette adjustments