AuthorTopic: [Seek for comments]Han Clothing  (Read 2257 times)

Offline al19890604

• AL19890604
    • View Profile

[Seek for comments]Han Clothing

on: October 10, 2017, 09:33:27 am
Hello there! I have plunged into pixel art for about half year and I just created a Han Clothing as my daily practice so I also put it here to seek for comments in order to improve my technique especially the part of dithering becoz I'm still not very good at it.
Thank you!!

Offline eliddell

• View Profile

Re: [Seek for comments]Han Clothing

Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 12:54:24 am
Well, a few things jump out at me:

1. The magenta and the middle shade of purple have almost exactly the same value—neither is clearly brighter than the other.  This makes the lower garment (trousers?  I assume there's some exact name for it that I'm not aware of) difficult to read, because I can't tell where the highlights are.

2. You've got some stray pixels of the darker turquoise shadow colour along the bottom edges of the sleeves.  Either use enough of that colour to connect the pixels together, or get rid of them and use the lighter, bluish-gray shadow shade only in those areas.

3.  I'm not entirely clear on the light source—is it supposed to be from in front/above, or left/above?

4. The stripe alone the front edge fo the upper garment is narrower above the sash and wider below, which looks odd.

The collar and body portion of the tunic/jacket/whatever look good in general.  And the way the dithered purple bands on the sleeves suggest some kind of fancy edging is neat.
If anything I've said here has been useful to you, please pay it forward by critting someone else.

Offline al19890604

• AL19890604
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 08:48:44 am
Thank you dude!! I need some time to digest your opinion hahaha :crazy:

Offline Hunited

• Post-ironic is the new authentic.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 11:46:54 am
As well as what has been said already, there's quite a lot of banding in your piece, you may want to remove that.

Offline al19890604

• AL19890604
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 06:44:11 pm
Thank you again Hunlted!! I should keep the problems in mind more frequently!! When I'm creating the object, I always forgot the problems I had. I think I should get a list in front of me when I'm creating things.