AuthorTopic: 2D Action RPG Looking For Pixel Artist/Animator  (Read 2332 times)

Offline TFangSyphon

• View Profile

2D Action RPG Looking For Pixel Artist/Animator

on: September 30, 2017, 10:59:27 pm
My name is Zach Johnson. My friends and I are working on our first game, Twisted Fang, a 2D sidescroller action RPG. So far, we have 2 writers, a programmer, and a composer. We are working with GameMaker, and we need an artist to make our visual assets. Sprites, animations, backgrounds, UI. This project is very much still in its infancy and slow going. We are currently working towards making a playable demo so we have something to show for potential backers. The general style we are looking for is anything between Shovel Knight and Momodora:RUtM. Something simple, expressive, and fun. Here's a link to another style that would work: http://fav.me/d4qfesd. We are willing to pay by commission per asset/animation. Rates are negotiable.

The game itself takes place in a fantasy world in which humans share dominion with another species called ferans. The story centers around a small-time mercenary gang that gets caught up in world-changing events involving a secretive cult and an ancient holy order. The members of the gang are:

Gunn Mane, a human mage and leader of the gang. He's cocky and rude, and the only thing he cares about more than getting paid is his gang.

Cadence Dusanti, a feran and the gang's archer. She's also Gunn's adoptive sister. She's childish and seldom takes anything seriously.

Brynvaer “Dirdge” Thrainsson, an exile of an isolated tribe of feran warrior poets. He's the gang's muscle. Despite his "smash all your problems away" attitude, he is also the gang's linguist.

Gameplay is based on on-your-toes strategy and teamwork between the characters.

If you're interested, comment or email me at zachjohnsondxe@gmail.com with a link to your portfolio.

Also, feel free to ask me for further details.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 12:14:29 am by TFangSyphon »