AuthorTopic: Edward Elric  (Read 3563 times)

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Edward Elric

on: November 07, 2006, 06:52:42 am
I've watched again the Full Metal Alchemist anime serie and I felt like doing some (more) fanart so here it is :

I didn't save the reference (it was a paused video) but I'll post it tonight...I don't have time right now.
C+C and edits are welcome ^^

Offline roobv

• View Profile

Re: Edward Elric

Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 06:46:41 pm
love it! im a big fan of fma^^ but one thing the eye seems to be somewhat off center and too... i dono demonic looking. I'd suggest making the pupil a bit bigger and moving the eye over

Offline CrumbBread

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 08:29:14 pm
With the lighting on the clothing being so dim, I'm surprised by the harshness of the highlight on the arm. I think you should bring the rest of the piece up to the same contrast as the arm, shading-wise (the metal is currently less shiny than the skin, which is just not the way of things =P).

It's a tricky pose for me to analyze, but I would say that the arm on our right looks too small, or the torso looks to big. It's hard to tell with the foreshortening and everything.

Additionally, the side of the torso that's on our right looks wrong somehow. Difficult to say why, but it's so unbalanced compared to the left side, and just looks funny.

It's tough to say why something looks wrong when I haven't spent enough time studying what looks right =P

Offline legofreak

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 08:30:31 am
i think the torso looks strange because it is leaning back when it should be leaning forward.
and the eye looks weird because the chin is undefined making the part of his hair look like the center of his forehead.
i think his left arm looks fine and his hand looks really good too. but his left arm's automail might need some detail work.
one more crit, his right foot looks too short and pointing the wrong way. while his left foot looks too small compared to his calf

other than that, its a very good drawing of ed.

Offline fil_razorback

• Captain of a ship without a name
    • View Profile
    • Partisan - Tactics Battles

Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 07:21:45 pm
Thanks to all of yo for the crits ! The torso one is especially relevant I think.

Now, time for the reference :

(I tried not to change anything haha).

I think I won't edit the piece because it's just a practice and I can't wait to do some more but still, the crits help me and i'll pay attention to these points (esp. the palette) on the next ones :D