Search engine
Found out via Pixel Joint
Found out via other art community
Blog/News article
Pixel Artist's website
Game development website
Wikipedia
Other website link

AuthorTopic: How did you find out about Pixelation?  (Read 23315 times)

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Re: How did you find out about Pixelation?

Reply #40 on: November 26, 2006, 10:35:01 pm
I think I found a link to Tsu's tutorial in gamedev.com's 2d programming section. I looked at the tut, visited the forum and registered about a year or so later. I cant remember hte exact date, but it was arond the time taht Ndeal posted his first pieces, I remember a really cool graveyard scene done in Isometric, and I also remember a Christmas Secret Santa that had a sidescroller game with, I believe, a character swinging a sword.

I vote for your own remix of snakeman, snake.
Cool idea.

GO! Blue Bomber! GO!

Offline saimo

• R37R34M
    • View Profile
    • RETREAM

Reply #41 on: November 26, 2006, 11:03:38 pm
Ouch... I found this place just a couple of months ago and I already can't remember how I landed here :crazy:
Anyway, I was searching the web for pixelling-oriented websites as I needed collaborators for my game (sadly, it turned out that there are very few places for pixellers... but at least Pixelation is a nice one :)), so most likely I was taken to Pixelation by Google or some link in other art-related sites...

saimo

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #42 on: November 27, 2006, 07:59:14 am
In the month of December, 2002 those that were known as Ndeal and Moerder were on PixelLAB and both had mentioned Pixelation. So I saw what it was all about, was intimidated and ran away. I returned and joined and was a complete asshole in February 2003. Maybe it was January. After the initial backlash I started to find my place in the community.

I wasn't even a newbie, newb or even worthy of the title noob. I was as retarded as they come, a flat out n00b. I even remember my first post in the serious critique forum, as it was called back then, general and serious critique. Must've been after the first infamous shut down of Pixelation. A guy had posted what I apparently thought was a rather sorry attempt at some sort of samurai/knight combination and I made a list of a lot that I figured was wrong with it. A lot of it didn't even have to do with pixel level details, but stylistic things that were way out of line for me to say needed to be corrected. I must've been an angry person back then. It didn't help that the thread was four months old and on something like page three of the forum.

Quote from: Cure
Elfwood
*shudder*

Quote from: Pep
Rox ought to do something new
No doubt. When was the last time Rox made something? A year? Forever? You're slacking, Rox.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 08:06:09 am by Blick »

Offline Rerg1

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: November 27, 2006, 08:29:52 am
I forget :X.
I was doing RuneScape Pixel Art and then I stumbled upon this.
YAY

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #44 on: November 27, 2006, 10:02:50 am
I vote for your own remix of snakeman, snake.

Cool idea.

GO! Blue Bomber! GO!

I dropped the "Man" part a long time ago. People just called me Snake anyway, but I don't really want to be associated with a game character. Of course, it just so happens that a certain tactical espionage game became popular, so I guess I don't have any choice now. I've made plenty of MM redesigns, but to me it wouldn't mean anything.

A small animated version of yourself. Or a portrait. Maybe make yourself look like a video game character you're fond of. ANYTHING. Start a thread with a sketch :) I'll help you make some quick progress and create something you ought to be proud of!

I've been thinking about this a lot actually. I'm too indecisive though. A pure portrait isn't working and I keep changing my mind about the other ideas. In any case, until my computer is back from repear (and/or replaced) I won't be able to make anything.

Offline xegnma

• Pixel, the whole pixel and nothing but the pixel
    • View Profile

Reply #45 on: December 01, 2006, 08:58:58 pm
Tsu's tutorial and (the original) forum. Being lurking around ever since, posted every now and then, despite all the transitions. Have yet to show any serious improvement though (life and all) :-\.

Offline Akzidenz

• Grotesk Bold
    • View Profile

Reply #46 on: December 02, 2006, 04:28:31 am
Found it on an artist's page.

I found a ton of stuff by following Derek Yu's links www.derekyu.com, I was a big fan of his games back in the day. I followed more link pages from those links, so on and so forth, and eventually found the Pixelation forums. I don't remember exactly which artist's page had a link, but I'm pretty sure that was it.
que faire quand on a tout fait, tout lu, tout bu, tout mangé
tout donné en vrac et en détail
quand on a crié sur tous les toîts pleuré et ris dans les villes et en campagne

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #47 on: December 02, 2006, 04:41:40 am
google->Tsu -> Link-> Forum.

the sacred order of pixeljoint. (ain't it grand?)

Offline Zolthorg

• View Profile

Reply #48 on: December 04, 2006, 02:26:50 am
Probably doomraider.

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #49 on: December 11, 2006, 03:43:43 pm
I was deliberantly looking for a new message board to become apart of. The last message board I was at was a Soul Calibur III place, and I was pretty hyped about the new game, so I wanted to talk about it. But after being there for a while, I found out that the majority of the members were age 15 and younger and all they really talked about was stuff like Final Fantasy and awful anime such as Digimon and Naruto. I was like "I gotta get the hell outta here". O_O

So, with a fresh pixel artwork of mine on the mind at the time, I decided to search for a pixel board. Found out about this place in Wikipedia, and here I am.