AuthorTopic: [Paid] Looking for a top notch pixel artist for long term project  (Read 2998 times)

Offline NextQuest

• View Profile
Hello!

We are a indie game developer in Sweden who are looking for a pixel artist to help us create animations and art for our upcoming title that we are working on.

The game we are working on is a metroidvania with samurai influences and fresh mechanics that put an interesting spin on the genre. For more information regarding the actual game, we would have to sign an NDA. We have concept art and are prototyping the mechanics and game play at the moment, but we would need some sprites so that we can fine tune and perfect those elements.

What we are looking in terms of quality is something like Dead Cells, so not too detailed and not the 3d style they use, but the animations have to be fluid and smooth. Alternatively something like the art in Duelyst is also great. You would primarily work on animations based on requirements such as frame count and visual identity.

Please send your application along with your rate and portfolio to jobs@nextquest.net

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 02:07:04 pm by NextQuest »

Offline Bacrylic

• bacrylic
    • View Profile

Re: [Paid] Looking for a top notch pixel artist for long term project

Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 11:14:58 am
This is interesting. Quick question though. You used DeadCells as a quality reference. Does that mean you're looking to animate the same way as them? Or do you want hand animations as close in appearance, because DeadCells is 3D pixel rendered.

Offline NextQuest

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 11:17:01 am
This is interesting. Quick question though. You used DeadCells as a quality reference. Does that mean you're looking to animate the same way as them? Or do you want hand animations as close in appearance, because DeadCells is 3D pixel rendered.

Sorry I will edit this in, more like the appearance and level of detail, not the actual animations. Although the animations should be really smooth and responsive to the controls.

Offline Serg

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 12:26:03 pm
Love the references!
Looks like I can help.
Let me introduce myself.
My name is Serg, and I run a small Art Studio "Ponylab."
We specialize in crafting art for awesome games.
Please, check our portfolio here: https://ponylab.studio/portfolio

What do you think?

Offline Jacob_V

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 04:35:11 pm
I'm very interested in this project, and have sent you an email containing my portfolio and rates.  Sounds like a great job to work on!

Offline Skoobasteve

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 09:17:03 pm
Hey I am very interested in work and would like to be part of this!

I have worked on a few projects some as a Creative Director and as comic artist for a few start-ups. I also am a big fan of the art direction of Dead Cells. I know I can emulate that style well. If you PM me or contact me via the choices below I can share more work of mine.

Here is my portfolio: https://www.artstation.com/artist/skubasteve

Contact me via Discord skoobasteve#5433 or Email johnathonbrown(at)gmail.com