AuthorTopic: Gaming gif !  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Kizu

• View Profile

Gaming gif !

on: September 11, 2017, 06:51:19 pm
Hello ! I took all the critics from my kitchen gif and made another one !
Thank you so much for commenting :)

Offline Afelium

• View Profile

Re: Gaming gif !

Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 08:08:37 pm
I'm not an expert but I'll try to give some advice:
Is it WIP?the left wall and the wardrobe don't look complete and lack detail/texture.The TV screen is a light source,so there shouldn't be shadow on it(?).The long haired girl's face is too simple and so are the clothes,they look flat.It is a good work so keep it up and improve it
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 08:34:58 pm by Afelium »

Offline EduardoPras

• If it is damn hard it is probably right
    • Eduardo_pras
    • illpalazzo-sama.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
    • Beta 2 Games Studio

Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 01:25:05 pm
Hey Kizu, it is nice to see you post more of your art here.

Let me start by pointing things I think are working:

-I really like that screen shine, it is not realistic but it is a really nice effect. 
-Your long lines are now way more organized than on your last art, it is really noticeable.
-The lights that shine on the characters have a nice tone to them and keep the scene alive.
-You kept the hue shift you were already doing, it makes everything more interesting.

Now for the things that i think you could work on:
-You clean up was made in a haste. It shows in the bold black corners that you left in the outlines and in the lack of outlines in some places, don't worry too much about speed now. Art is a marathon, not a race.
-You have some perspective issues, this book is very good and might help you: Perspective For Comic Book Artists by David Chelsea. It is a fast and enjoyable read.(It was recommended by Rebecca Sugar from Steven Universe in a stream)
-Be careful to respect the light sources you defined. You have a strong light coming from the right and a strong light from the TV and the shadows from the cushions are in the opposite direction.

Here are some more notes I made on your image:

Hope I could help you a bit.
Keep it up!

Offline Kizu

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 12:18:04 pm
Thank you so much Eduardo, your notes helps really a lot
Actually I'm making those pixels in one day for the pixel_dailies, so I can't take a lot of time on them. But yes I understand the W.I.P feels.
I'll try to add more details and change the volumes and deleting the littles pixels which I didn't see
Thanks again <3