AuthorTopic: Trash day  (Read 10085 times)

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Re: Trash day

Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 07:46:29 pm
Absolutely great!
You took an already gread picture and made it even more awesome! Seems to be trendy now.
Great improvement in depth and detail overall!
I like that stye of yours! So clean and detailed :O~

But one thing looks a bit off after the edit: The left arm.
I'm not sure if the biceps is in the right place it just looks a tad weird.
You could maybe turn it a little more towards the body to fix this.
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 07:56:01 pm
Awesome Indigo, that palette is beautiful.

Couple of crits however:
-the light hitting the club seems to be comming from our right...while the light hitting the body seems to be comming from our left
-consider enlarging the club near the top by about 3px on each side (so it appears thicker...it seems like a stick compared to him right now)
-the bicept seems underdetailed compared to the rest of the body, however it might be due to the smooth look you're giving his 'core' parts (abs, bicept, inner forearm, mid pecs, etc)
-his face seems very toony right now, perhaps detailing it more would help (less sharp edges near the mouth and brow for example, visible veins?)
-possibly remove the highlights from the tail, doing so would increase the depth of the image

You've improved tremendously over this past year, this piece is a testiment to that.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 08:27:52 pm
Hey man, VERY nice update - only crit is at least on my monitor the strap and club run together some, and it messes up the depth of the image - makes the strap and club look like they're on the same plane.  stellar shading otherwise, and i'm still studying th eplaces where you decided to skip out on the scale detail, I think that in particular is done just about perfectly.  excellent!

Offline Godslayer

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 09:22:49 pm
I think the update is wonderful. I'd give the loincloth a different texture than the one on his own flesh, old crit I know, but still odd. Otherwise great improvement.

He tanned the hide of one of his fellows?

I like this Indigo, this is much more impressive than the previous piece, and its easy to see how far along you've come.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 12:34:35 am by Godslayer »
How long can the floor creak before it loses its voice?

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 10:44:38 pm
wow, thanks so much for the comments and critiques guys.  All of your c+c is amazingly usefull and I'm pretty much in agreement with all of it.  Dhaos, your comments were especially useful.  I'll see if I can pull out an update later on today, but for now i've really got to get back to work.  Ugh work...you can't avoid it forever, right?

thanks again :)

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 12:58:27 am
This came out really awesome.

I made some colouredits, not to show how to make it better or anything, as I quite like the colours and think you did well there, but to show how well this piece works even on low colourcounts.

The colourcount noted is always without transparency.

On the 9 colour I removed 3 colours so that the body has 1 unique colour which is not in the cloth or stick, and that I made green and all the other ones brownish going slightly to red or to green.

The other ones are just for fun and show how easily readable they are even at low colour count and they also look good.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Franky G

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 02:35:25 am
:D I've always been curious as to how you guys go about your work. My techniques arent great so gifs like this are always very useful(and im sure to many others on this forum). Nice work indeed!

Offline Fool

• View Profile
    • Fool's House

Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 02:56:26 am
Great update, colours the most. :)

Can't say anything about technique - looks superior to me, but logically club with all that pile of muscles looks like an extra large toothpick.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 05:28:53 am
I think the update is wonderful. I'd give the loincloth a different texture than the one on his own flesh, old crit I know, but still odd. Otherwise great improvement.
Clearly it is the skin of another beast. :P Anyway, I think this is what was bugging me but I couldn't lay my finger on last night when Indigo was showing it to me. Even the club has a somewhat similar texture to the creature, though I dont't think it's a problem in the club's case. Given the period this monster seems to originate from though, I don't know what other textures you could use for a loincloth.
Ptoing:
I don't really understand the point of the 9 colour edit if it wasn't to test readability like the bottom two were... I think there isn't enough differentiation in the two colour ramps when they share that many colours, and it starts to look like a statue.

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 07:12:58 am
Hmm.  Looking at the progress animation, I noticed you used the arm of rmedtx's rael, or your edit of it rather.  Why? (just out of curiosity)
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.