AuthorTopic: Trash day  (Read 10152 times)

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Re: Trash day

Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 08:11:38 am
my dear indigo
made a quicky edit for you   :-X

parts i touched:
- played alot with arm on left
- played abit with left boob / peck
- touched on back of head
- barely did much to leather hide and strap
- played with club

left arm:
-played with outlines, slimming and toning more, so as not to be such a blocky forearm
-curved in wrist and knuckles
-tried with shading on hand
main points i did though with this
-lessened the harshness of the scales - made them smaller, more proportioned/more suiting to a forearm instead of big bulky scales found probably on back and legs
-made the sections of the muscles less defined from each other (dropped heavy outlines separating, making arm more uniform)

left boob/peck:
-again, not a fan of the solid scales there, its the underside of the beast, therefore somewhat softer, thus the protection is less. the harder more prominant scales are found on outside, and smaller softer scales on inside (not exactly sure i got it fully right, as i did this rather quickly)
-played abit with nipple so it doesnt get lost in texture and shading

back of head:
-smaller softer scales again, because, well, its the head

leather and strap:
-played with shadows and abit of highlights so to make the designs and folds stand out more from each other, rather than flowing into each other. heres a good place to make the difference drastic as to make the details pop out, like the heavy folds and the designs on the strap

club:
- he looks like a rough guy, and has beeen through abit, so figured id make his club look alittle more beaten down
-not entirely keen on the spiral club, but it works

i only played with parts or samples of the image rather than editing the whole thing
these are examples or ideas you can use
- make scale size accordingly / outside of limbs and back is bigger and rougher, insides are softer and smaller
-use texture gradients to help 1)blend and shade 2)go from harsh, to soft, to no scales
-dont make every individual muscle completly defined, have a bit of line breaks so to make unity between the muscles, opposed to individual things stacked ontop of each other
-on the left leg, the side muscles on the thigh dont follow same direction as middle muscle - seems out of place, not sure if intentional or not, but seems wrong because right leg has all 3 going at same direction
-tail maby longer?? or atleast, not quite as fat at the base, because theres alot that we cant see, so the largest width we see, should maby be abit narrower

hopefully this helps some... not sure if it will at all
but ehh

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 05:14:43 pm
Nice edit there flaber. You touched up the one area I was having trouble with. The area where the club and the strap meet, there's not enough to distinguish one from the other. I'd maybe increase the brightness of the club even more. Truly awesome work, Indigo.

Offline Skull

• View Profile
    • Viva La Skull

Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 05:31:10 pm
Oh, well isn't that super.. why improve on greatness?!!  :P

I love what you've done with the arm, giving it a new pose - it looks more believable and that's seriously some awesome muscle definition you've got going on..