AuthorTopic: Nami & Gragas from League of Legends  (Read 2090 times)

Offline abcnocturn

• View Profile

Nami & Gragas from League of Legends

on: September 05, 2017, 06:55:44 pm
Hey guys,
I'm currently learning how to make 3/4 perspective characters. I'm trying to build some characters that lookalike Secret of Mana characters or others of the 16bit SNEs era.

I changed Gragas a bit ( less head hair ).
I'm not really after how accurate those characters are ( that's why I don't put references in here ), but how the art is in general and if it is readable :)

Hope for some tipps!
Cheers,
Daniel

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: Nami & Gragas from League of Legends

Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 07:11:31 pm
The mermaid(?) looks good, but the bearded person seems to be in sideview rather than 3/4 view. We should see more of the top of their head, and their trousers should probably have more of a curve around the body.

I also made his beard stretch more around his head to serve as another perspective marker, removed the highlights from the cheeks because I don't think they read well, and made the highlights a little darker because their brightness was overpowering the other skin colours, making the skin shadows not read well.

Offline Eyawiin

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 09:19:34 pm
I would maybe try to make gragas a bit chubbier since he is really really chubby in the game xd
You could also try to give him a barrel to make it even more obvious that he is in fact gragas

Offline abcnocturn

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 04:16:47 pm
The mermaid(?) looks good, but the bearded person seems to be in sideview rather than 3/4 view. We should see more of the top of their head, and their trousers should probably have more of a curve around the body.

I also made his beard stretch more around his head to serve as another perspective marker, removed the highlights from the cheeks because I don't think they read well, and made the highlights a little darker because their brightness was overpowering the other skin colours, making the skin shadows not read well.

I really like what you did with the head !
That and the belly are giving now way more perspective !

That was what I needed. I tried to redo the things you mentioned by my own to learn :)

I would maybe try to make gragas a bit chubbier since he is really really chubby in the game xd
You could also try to give him a barrel to make it even more obvious that he is in fact gragas
Tried to give him a littlebit more belly but thought his head is normally not really chubby. Maybe I should do something with the arms ?
Added the barrel :P