AuthorTopic: Turtles emotes  (Read 3035 times)

Offline Luzeke

• I draw, therefore I ink.
    • View Profile
    • inkBot

Turtles emotes

on: November 05, 2006, 11:23:08 pm
At our student forum here at school we're discussing about having our own set of emotes/emoticons/smileys. Since our formal outfit is a ninja suit we talked about having ninja smileys. Then someone said "how about turtles?" I just had to try that out. And this is the result  :lol:

Offline Souly

• Killer of threads.
    • View Profile
    • Punkys Portfolio

Re: Turtles emotes

Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 11:51:31 pm
At our student forum here at school we're discussing about having our own set of emotes/emoticons/smileys. Since our formal outfit is a ninja suit we talked about having ninja smileys. Then someone said "how about turtles?" I just had to try that out. And this is the result  :lol:

They don't really look like emotes or smilies.
They look more like small TMNT sprites with smiles.

Emotes are usually just a head with a different emotion for each emoticon.

Offline Luzeke

• I draw, therefore I ink.
    • View Profile
    • inkBot

Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 12:02:51 am
Well yeah. They look more like they were made for a topdown TMNT game. I wanted them to have bodies for animations and stuff. the bodies can easily be taken away if needed. I kinda blew the emote thing, but I still kinda like them. =P

Offline Joel

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 08:51:48 am
My main critique is that the shading appears pretty grainy at 1x. You might want to try studying other styles of colouring to find a way that you might make them appear more vibrant and smooth, because the shading at the moment sorta sucks the life out of them and makes them look like wrinkly old turtles.

They are still cute! Another thing would be that the feet and hands are very square and that doesn't quite balance with the rounded head.